Ideas.

Options
I need some meal plan ideas that are healthy. Help please

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Eat food you like in quantities that will keep you in your calories.

Have some protein, fat and carbs in each meal. Meat and vegetables, some oil or nuts or cheese, whatever you like.

Track and prosper. Study your food page.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Start with eating foods you like. Weigh them and log them using correct entries (no homemade or generic). Its about calories in being less than calories out. No special meal plans/diets/supplements needed. Even over eating "healthy" foods can lead to weight gain.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Pinterest search for ingredients you like and find different treatments of them that sound good.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    If you want to experiment with some new recipes, my favourite recipe sites are:

www.seriouseats.com
    www.allrecipes.com
    www.skinnytaste.com
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What do you like? I would need to know that to give recommendations, although I normally build meals by starting with a protein I like and then vegetables and then (often) a starch or maybe some fruit.

Other sites I like for recipe ideas: 101cookbooks, epicurious, foodandwine
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Also http://www.eatingwell.com/

or Pinterest
  • kelsiestoner
    kelsiestoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I meal plan I like something that's easy and I can make a lot of on sunday. I usually go with rice, some kind of protein, and a vegetable. My go to right now is a chicken burrito bowl I would definitely recommend, look it up on Tasty on youtube if you're interested!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Ask the person who gave you the idea that you need healthy meal plan ideas in the frst place. Or you could figure it out yourself. What's wrong with how you eat? How would you ideally like to eat? Why? What is stopping you from eating what and how you like?

I have personally become healthier - stopped gaining weight, unless I was dieting, and constantly struggling, suffering - after I stopped thinking I need to "eat healthy". Now I eat what I like, but not too much. I like most foods, so variety is easy. Planning balanced meals I want to eat, has become a hobby. This is a great way to live. Knowledge is power. Unlearning is painful, but necessary.