Ladies - Bleeding after running?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yes, although I didn't connect it to the running until I read this. I started c25k about a month ago. I noticed blood after my runs, but thought maybe it was from chaffing (even though I didn't have pain). Then I started my period at an odd time and have bled for longer and more consistently than normal. What I mean by consistent is that I usually bleed heavy for a day, then spotty for a few days, then a break for a day followed by another heavy day, but this time I am bleeding constantly, but not as heavy, for over a week now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What has your doctor said @Go_Deskercise ?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things that can be signs of a serious problem or some harmless oddity. That's why we get them checked out. Just to be safe.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Ooops forgot to post an update!

Apparently this is a very common problem that happens to a lot of women.
    The birth control that I am on allows me to have my period every 3 months instead of every month.
    The doctor told me this was probably my body's way of trying to have a period, but I kept taking the BC every night introducing more hormones and 'stopping' it...
    The doctor advised me to go off the birth control and allow my body to have a period and "normalize".
    I went off the birth control, had a period, started the birth control back up again and everything seems to be back to normal!
    All it took was a reboot :D
    Doctor has prescribed a different BC, so that I have my period every month instead of every 3 months (it was nice while it lasted) lol