Wanting to Do This Right!

Options
Question: I checked my BMR and how much I exercise and it states that I should be eating more. I tend to stay between 1300 and 1600. Thoughts?

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You should be eating at minimum your BMR (NET calories). Other than providing more info no one will be able to say if it's too much or too little.
  • khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
  • waynetedwards
    waynetedwards Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The calculator looks extremely complicated. The problem is there are tons of variables. Input, Output. If you're eating between 1300-1600 calories a day. Are they the right calories, plenty of protein, carbs, and fats to support your activity. While losing fat is always a priority losing lean mass will also make you regress in a negative way as well.

A 2000 calorie diet could work as well but it would need to be real foods, no processed foods, no bread, no ****ty carbs. And that's hard, you need to be ready to commit to that change if you want to walk that path because it's easy to find our way back to candyland. Trust me, I love candyland (bad carbs, processed foods), and we all need an off day.

I personally am having great progress with high fat, low carb, and moderate protein. The food choices aren't hard, I can still have dairy, cheese. But I completely believe carbs will help build muscle, but I also believe you cannot serve 2 masters.

My answer is just going to be really convoluted. There is the possibility to overtrain, and ruin your progress due to ****ty recovery, not sleeping enough is a MAJOR factor. That's when your body takes all that work you did and food you ate and starts re-structuring things.

If you want to send me a personal message on facebook I am willing to share the low carb book with you that I have followed. I think you'll experience great results on the program and it will allow you to still fuel yourself properly during the week. But you have to be honest and log everything, even if you end up messing up. It's all about accountability and follow through at the end of the day.

So the offer is out there.
  • nmiller0813
    nmiller0813 Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks.. According to this, I am not eating anywhere near enough food... I would have to psyche my mind out, to make this adjustment. Wayne: I will send you a message through Facebook. The logging part is not the issue, I am diligent in my logging, even when I do mess up... :embarassed: As I said, I want to do this right. My issue would be processed foods. I have dayum near elimnated them, but I still buy the premixed salads at WALMART to eat for lunch, (Marketside), as it is easy. I no longer buy lunchmeat....and that was so hard to give up. And, I tend to buy some of the frozen vegetables. So, soooo many changes have been made, but I just want to do better.....