Vinyl Lovers... Show us what you're listening to!!

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    I have a 1960's hits compilation in my player right now. I don't have any new music, I love finding dusty old ones at thrift stores.

check out the online store "dusty groove"

good quality at good prices and they won't gouge you on shipping costs.....
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    <3 this thread. My collection is mostly old Motown, classic country, and 70's folk/rock with some new wave 80's thrown in there. I don't really buy any new vinyl; I mostly rescue them from thrift shops.

Pretty sure this is what's on the turntable right now.
    o1gs5oaa3qvm.jpg

That's awesome! There's no incorrect vinyl. ;) My collection is made up only of albums I LOVE from start to finish. I feel like an album has to be worthy of the vinyl hahaha. But that's just me!

I have a 1960's hits compilation in my player right now. I don't have any new music, I love finding dusty old ones at thrift stores.

I have some old ones - mostly Elvis. :)
    _barefoot_ wrote: »

Awesome! A classic.

• plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Awesome! A classic.

I don't own any LP ... so I just use youtube .

Then why are you in a thread for people to show what LPs they are listening to? :)
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    But I am listening to MJ on you tube the full thriller album

I understand, but we are sharing our VINYL collections - not what we are listening to on youtube. You should try vinyl sometime... sounds way better.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    53wc13i0c54v.jpeg

My son took all my old LPs so I’ve had to start rebuilding a collection.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I like to collect colored vinyls of albums I already own, although I have quite a few older vinyls in my collection. Would like to move up to a better system at some point, though.

9ry6937ivcrt.jpg
    r0j9dwcnh8m3.jpg

Awesome! I've never listened to Neko Case. But everyone knows Devo.

She's an Americana singer. A little bit country, a little bit rock n' roll. I fell in love with her voice and lyrics the instant I heard them and have never gone back, lol.

I love when I find vinyls that are double LPs. :D The original CD was also a double, but they don't always release the limited run vinyls with the same extras. So it's always awesome to find out that the vinyl is the same as the CD I bought years ago. :)

kdrc063ndcti.jpg

• plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    53wc13i0c54v.jpeg

My son took all my old LPs so I’ve had to start rebuilding a collection.

Wow! Love your eclectic taste!
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    I like to collect colored vinyls of albums I already own, although I have quite a few older vinyls in my collection. Would like to move up to a better system at some point, though.

9ry6937ivcrt.jpg
    r0j9dwcnh8m3.jpg

Awesome! I've never listened to Neko Case. But everyone knows Devo.

She's an Americana singer. A little bit country, a little bit rock n' roll. I fell in love with her voice and lyrics the instant I heard them and have never gone back, lol.

I love when I find vinyls that are double LPs. :D The original CD was also a double, but they don't always release the limited run vinyls with the same extras. So it's always awesome to find out that the vinyl is the same as the CD I bought years ago. :)

kdrc063ndcti.jpg

Awesome! I'll have to check her out. :) And I agree! Love double albums. It's like getting a present. :)
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    OMG. This thread. <3

I'm not at home so I can't share pictures of our collection, but its deliciously eclectic.

Right now my favorite album is the original press of "Rumors" that my husband found randomly for a ridiculously low price. I love finding awesome vinyl in non-record stores that don't know what they've got. He thought he was buying it for himself. Ha! No.

I'm cheesy AF. I've been accumulating Air Supply and ABBA and Neil Diamond albums lately, because I swear, I close my eyes and I'm 8 years old again, listening to my dad's cheesy stuff. Nothing else sounds like that.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    OMG. This thread. <3

I'm not at home so I can't share pictures of our collection, but its deliciously eclectic.

Right now my favorite album is the original press of "Rumors" that my husband found randomly for a ridiculously low price. I love finding awesome vinyl in non-record stores that don't know what they've got. He thought he was buying it for himself. Ha! No.

I'm cheesy AF. I've been accumulating Air Supply and ABBA and Neil Diamond albums lately, because I swear, I close my eyes and I'm 8 years old again, listening to my dad's cheesy stuff. Nothing else sounds like that.

Last year I also picked up an original pressing of Rumors ( about $20.00)

I also found a mobile fidelity pressing of Aja ( That one wasn't cheap, but it was worth every penny)

I was on a quest to find a mint condition and original pressing of Pink Floyd's Animals for under $100.00.
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Yay! More vinyl fans! I'm also not at home so I can't share more, but I'll be jamming later this afternoon... :)
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    plus20UsernameOfPower Posts: 480 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Gettin' some aggression out:

Lamb of God, "VII: Sturm Und Drang."

e9imx4xswo3y.jpg
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    Morning spin: Bleachers, "Strange Desire" on clear vinyl. I like the way clear vinyl looks but it so hard to see if there's fuzzies on the vinyl hahaha.

lejcvtsdclal.jpg
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    ydtddik48wrx.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    The two oldest vinyls in my collection (as far as time I've had them). I have hoarded these two from the age of 16, long before I obtained a record player, lol.

8e0s8vxechi5.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Anyone else here collect vinyls from concerts they've attended? I saw these guys in concert (along with Tallest Man on Earth) and they were phenomenal. Berkeley was an excellent outside venue, too. :)

5ss7batz1wng.jpg
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    qtzpmzxd5ufc.jpeg

This one I got autographed
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well it’s gotta be old school AC/DC today. RIP Malcolm Young.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Well it’s gotta be old school AC/DC today. RIP Malcolm Young.

right?

.... breakin' out 'Highway....'