What We're Eating Wednesday

avskk
avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
... the "ready for Thanksgiving break, already" edition! (If you're in the US, anyway.)

Breakfast: leftover vegetarian chili with cottage cheese mixed in (I am gross), leftover cornbread, coffee.

Lunch: will be leftover herbed macaroni and cheese, salted tomatoes, and deli ham. I'm trying to clear out fridge space for Shopapalooza this weekend!

Dinner: will be a Parmesan Dutch baby with creamed mushrooms and kale.

Snacks: apple, possibly with peanut butter.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    No Thanksgiving for us canucks! :D

Breakfast: Chocolate coconut protein bar

Lunch: Chicken pot pie - made a big batch last night. Yum!

Dinner: Chicken and butternut squash curry - also leftovers.

Snacks: Maybe some Halo Top for dessert!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Pumpkin muffin

Lunch: Black bean stew with peanut sauce and chopped jalapenos, peanut butter crackers

Dinner: Grilled potato tortillas with red pepper and corn, black-eyed pea curry
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Lunch: Apple, Gouda, Lean Cuisine
    Dinner: Leftover chicken chili on a baked potato, shredded cheese and sour cream

Maybe some evening popcorn or peanut butter toast? It's a lifting night, and that's only 1200 calories.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Breakfast: big mug of tea
    Lunch: unknown - we are having a catered lunch at work
    Dinner - Grilled trout (fresh caught yesterday), roasted green cabbage, raw sugar snap peas, white wine
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Everyone's meals sound do good today! Maybe because I am in boring mode.

Breakfast: Coffee with vanilla whey protein powder and a Brownie Crunch Think Thin bar

Lunch: Leftover chicken tortilla soup with greek yogurt and a small quesadilla made with two street taco corn tortillas and an ounce of cheddar jack cheese

Dinner: Spinach and quinoa cakes with fried eggs on top

Snacks: Banana and peanut butter in the afternoon and either a glass of wine or a cup of ginger coconut tea before bed
  • Need2Exerc1se
    avskk wrote: »
    ... the "ready for Thanksgiving break, already" edition! (If you're in the US, anyway.)

Breakfast: leftover vegetarian chili with cottage cheese mixed in (I am gross), leftover cornbread, coffee.

Lunch: will be leftover herbed macaroni and cheese, salted tomatoes, and deli ham. I'm trying to clear out fridge space for Shopapalooza this weekend!

Dinner: will be a Parmesan Dutch baby with creamed mushrooms and kale.

Snacks: apple, possibly with peanut butter.

I'd never heard of a Parmesan Dutch baby so I googled it. Sounds yummy! I'm definitely giving that a try.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Breakfast: greek yogurt with chia seeds and a banana
    Lunch: catered "Thanksgiving Dinner" at work. Most likely salad with turkey for me.
    Dinner: Zoodles with two scrambled eggs and some parmesan. I also have red velvet cake balls setting in the freezer.....
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with American cheese melted in
    Lunch: Turkey sub on whole wheat roll, tangerine
    Dinner: Chicken and yellow rice with sweet potatoes (cubed and roasted with cinnamon)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Breakfast: coffee, original coffee mate cream and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil ghee, homemade butter cookie

Lunch: plain skyr w/blueberries, strawberries, pecans and walnuts & spinach salad

Snack: 2 cups oolong and herbal teas

Dinner: 2 cheese enchiladas, Mexican rice, plantains and sour cream

Snack: 1 pomegranate

Water 10 cups of ice water

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Breakfast: eggs over steel cut oats, grapefruit, milk, coffee
    Lunch: salami and swiss cheese sandwich, apple, cucumber slices, tomatoes
    Dinner: rotisserie chicken, rice pilaf, giant veggie salad with pumpkin seeds on top
    Snack: either chocolate milk or yogurt and maybe a banana
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Breakfast:
    Coffee with vanilla almond milk creamer & Stevia
    Think Thin vanilla almond oatmeal cup

Lunch:
    BBQ tofu
    Fries
    Collard greens and hot sauce

Dinner:
    Chocolate, peanut butter, banana, oat smoothie

Snacks:
    Vegan Halo Top
    Glass of Moscato
  • Breakfast: French toast flavored bagel with butter, coffee

Lunch: I have a free/business lunch at another broken egg cafe! I'm going to have black bean Benedict, with potatoes on the side, and more coffee

Dinner: not sure yet. Might be frozen pizza. Might be a packaged product from the pantry like mac n cheese or tomato soup + grilled cheese. Will include pineapple and sliced cucumber on the side, gotta use up that stuff.

I'm probably over my calorie goal today, but I was under by 250 yesterday, so I'm rolling with it.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Post-Run Protein Shake
    Breakfast: Oatmeal
    Snack: Hard Boiled Egg
    Lunch: Red Beans and Rice Soup
    Snack: Cottage Cheese and Granola
    Snack: Baby Carrots
    Dinner: Fajitas
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Breakfast: Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal with french pumpkin yogurt

Lunch: Spinach ravioli with a pumpkin cream sauce and sage sausage

Dinner: Chicken Pot Pie stew and a big salad
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited November 2017
    Breakfast: plain Cream of Wheat with a Honeycrisp apple (cut into small pieces and microwaved until soft), cinnamon, and Truvia Nectar; one soft-boiled egg with cauliflower, both doused liberally with Cholula hot sauce
    Lunch (planned): pasta with Arrabiata sauce and Mozzarella cheese shreds; yogurt with strawberries
    Pre-workout snack (planned): banana (maybe with peanut butter depending on how the calories shake out); yogurt (maybe)
    Dinner (planned): chicken; red potatoes; spinach
    Evening snack (planned): a cooked Honeycrisp apple with cinnamon and a side of Halo Top Oatmeal Cookie ice cream

I'm all about the warm food right now. And the apples.
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    breakfast- Bran flakes w/skim milk/blueberries- coffee w/cream/stevia
    lunch- Turkey, spinach, tomato sandwich on Dave's Killer thin sliced bread-light mayo
    dinner- grilled sirloin steak, large garden salad, roasted new potatoes
    snacks- apple with PB2
    Love Crunch granola bar

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    JaxxieKat wrote: »
    Breakfast:
    Coffee with vanilla almond milk creamer & Stevia
    Think Thin vanilla almond oatmeal cup

Lunch:
    BBQ tofu
    Fries
    Collard greens and hot sauce

Dinner:
    Chocolate, peanut butter, banana, oat smoothie

Snacks:
    Vegan Halo Top
    Glass of Moscato

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the new vegan Halo Top. I haven't seen it at my stores yet, but I'm ready to try it.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Breakfast - Roasted vegetable and egg casserole topped with shredded chicken and kimchi
    Snack - Cauliflower rice with chicken
    Lunch - "Mexican" chicken and vegetable soup
    Dinner - Blackened flounder stuffed with crab over zoodles and creole sauce.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Breakfast: big mug of tea
    Lunch: unknown - we are having a catered lunch at work
    Dinner - Grilled trout (fresh caught yesterday), roasted green cabbage, raw sugar snap peas, white wine

Lunch was catered from Q'doba. I had taco salad - tortilla chips topped with black beans, grilled chicken, lettuce, guacamole, salsa and a little cheese. Very tasty.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Breakfast: egg,1 egg white,ounce of sharp cheddar,ham,1 toast 1/2 chocolate soy protein shake
    Lunch: low carb tortilla,turkey lunchmeat,slice bacon,cheddar cheese smashed in the panini maker,a,few chips,1/2 donut
    Dinner: bertolli pasta,chicken breast and broccoli
    Snack:enlightened java chip bar