was up guys! anothe hard gainer here

Options
Hey everyone, my names Josh I'm not new but it's probably been over five years since I've used MFP. Recent health problems have been causing me to loose a LOT of weight, and since I'm naturally lean most of it was my hard earned muscle. So that was really discouraging when I ending up loosing almost 20 LBs in the course of a year. It sucks but I'm done being a whinny little beootch about it, blaming my neurologist or my epilepsy for ending up so skinny.

I know I can get back to being a bulky beast in time, I just gotta stay focused and persistent with it all. I'm having so many seizures lately that I had to get disability, so, that on top going through a divorce leaves me with plenty of time to focus on me for once, and that is my intention.

I like to follow a high protein/ Low GI diet and an exercise routine that consists mostly of heavy lifting sets, 4-6 max reps for maximum muscle gain. I love running but it's just too hard to eat enough to make up for the calories right now, I don't know why but my body seems to just burn calories differently then most people, and it's really hard for me to gain weight unless I'm eating a really big surplus, like 3500-4000 cals a day. It's tough so I usually cheat with protein shakes with eggs and a ton of PB and coconut oil.

So it'd be nice to meet some peeps on here that are also looking to gain some weight and have a hard time doing so. Maybe we could help eachother and motivate one another along the way. I know Ive got a few tricks up my sleeve! I'll have more pics up too after I get some sleep. Here's to a fresh start, Beast mode: ACTIVATED!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You're eating a 3500 calorie surplus EACH day? Really?
  • Adidastrwars
    Adidastrwars Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a lot!!
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my names Josh I'm not new but it's probably been over five years since I've used MFP. Recent health problems have been causing me to loose a LOT of weight, and since I'm naturally lean most of it was my hard earned muscle. So that was really discouraging when I ending up loosing almost 20 LBs in the course of a year. It sucks but I'm done being a whinny little beootch about it, blaming my neurologist or my epilepsy for ending up so skinny.

I know I can get back to being a bulky beast in time, I just gotta stay focused and persistent with it all. I'm having so many seizures lately that I had to get disability, so, that on top going through a divorce leaves me with plenty of time to focus on me for once, and that is my intention.

I like to follow a high protein/ Low GI diet and an exercise routine that consists mostly of heavy lifting sets, 4-6 max reps for maximum muscle gain. I love running but it's just too hard to eat enough to make up for the calories right now, I don't know why but my body seems to just burn calories differently then most people, and it's really hard for me to gain weight unless I'm eating a really big surplus, like 3500-4000 cals a day. It's tough so I usually cheat with protein shakes with eggs and a ton of PB and coconut oil.

So it'd be nice to meet some peeps on here that are also looking to gain some weight and have a hard time doing so. Maybe we could help eachother and motivate one another along the way. I know Ive got a few tricks up my sleeve! I'll have more pics up too after I get some sleep. Here's to a fresh start, Beast mode: ACTIVATED!

The bolded rep range is not for max hypertrophy - but is a range most associated with strength training. You can gain size in this range but it's not by any means the optimal range for "maximum muscle gain".

3500-4000 a day (I assume total and not your actual surplus, lol) isn't extreme at all. I eat more than that to bulk. However, I'm also 240# and very active. There is nothing wrong with liquid calories, PB or added oils to add caloric density to your diet.

You should head on over to the bodybuilding and weight gain forums. There are a bunch of good stickies, included one targeted directly towards folks who think they are "hard gainers".

Good luck and welcome to MFP.

• fitnessaymen
    fitnessaymen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi dude
    another hard gainer here xD
  • thapainmaker
    thapainmaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

The bolded rep range is not for max hypertrophy - but is a range most associated with strength training. You can gain size in this range but it's not by any means the optimal range for "maximum muscle gain".

3500-4000 a day (I assume total and not your actual surplus, lol) isn't extreme at all. I eat more than that to bulk. However, I'm also 240# and very active. There is nothing wrong with liquid calories, PB or added oils to add caloric density to your diet.

You should head on over to the bodybuilding and weight gain forums. There are a bunch of good stickies, included one targeted directly towards folks who think they are "hard gainers".

Thanks but no thanks man, I appreciate the advice but you don’t have to speak for me or dismantle my post
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    You're eating a 3500 calorie surplus EACH day? Really?
    Naw even though I gave him crap for it jseams was right it’s my total intake.... I’d give up if I didn’t gain on a 3500 cal surplus lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Thanks but no thanks man, I appreciate the advice but you don’t have to speak for me or dismantle my post

Yeah, you're on a public forum... you don't get to control what people say...
  • thapainmaker
    Options

Yeah, you're on a public forum... you don't get to control what people say...

Just a suggestion bud so you don’t .... you know .... go around pissing people off

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Really easy for him to talk behind a keyboard. Watch out though I heard he is a tough guy.

• thapainmaker
    Options
    No key board and I’m not hiding I’m in grafton wi, wanna grab a beer mate?
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Talking about taviswhoever. Beer anytime mane.

• thapainmaker
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    Talking about taviswhoever. Beer anytime mane.

Srrry bro, he got me a little heated... the beers on me lol

• petegamermfp29
    petegamermfp29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. Uk based and very active