Weight is stuck,. So much disappointment.. losing hope wanna cry :( !

Options
I started my weight loss journey on 9/10/17 at 231 lbs. I weighted again myself on 9/20/17 and was 222.4. I know it was just a water weight but I was very happy. By October 30th, I lost another 12 pounds which brings me down to 210. In just a month and a half, I was able to lose 22 pounds. But today is Nov 15, And I am on 208.6, so after oct 30th I have only lost 1.6 pounds. I don't know what am I doing wrong? I am taking 1000-1200 calories the same way I used to take. Eating healthy. No cheating.. PLEASE HELP...!! Losing hope and motivation :( wanted to cry

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    You're doing nothing wrong. You still lost weight.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Your expectation is what's wrong.

You're losing weight, it is never going to keep going at that rate. 1.6lbs in 2 weeks is great :)
  • annuthebest
    annuthebest Posts: 26 Member
    Options

glassyo wrote: »
    You're doing nothing wrong. You still lost weight.
    Thanks. But the rate is extremely slow. 1.6 pounds in almost 18 days.

• jaycete
    jaycete Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    How fast you lose does not matter. What matters is that you are losing weight. Don't let one scale measurement throw you off. It's not worth giving up on all the hard work you've put in just because of one bad day.

Weight loss is not linear. You're not going to lose the same amount every time. Any loss is a win.

Also, it's important to note that our weight fluctuates all the time for a whole host of reasons. Gaining a few pounds here and there is fine as long as your weight is showing a downward trend.

Is there a reason why your intake is so low? The recommended intake for a woman is 1,200 calories, and not 1,000 to 1,200.
  • annuthebest
    Options

You're losing weight, it is never going to keep going at that rate. 1.6lbs in 2 weeks is great :)

O I see.. so like, how should I expect the weight loss now? At this speed? Or it can speed up at some point again? I should keep trying speeding up? It’s not that now I have less to go. I still have at least 80 lbs to lose that is why scared. :(
  • jaycete
    jaycete Posts: 11 Member
    Options

O I see.. so like, how should I expect the weight loss now? At this speed? Or it can speed up at some point again? I should keep trying speeding up? It’s not that now I have less to go. I still have at least 80 lbs to lose that is why scared. :(

1.5 to 2 lbs a week is what you should expect. It's also not going to speed up, it's going to slow down as you get closer to your goal because you'll have less weight to lose.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You don't need to speed it up, that rate of loss is healthy and sustainable.

80lbs will be gone in no time at that rate. Celebrate every pound you lose, you should congratulate yourself. Don't look to the negative and think it's not enough.

You're closer to your goal :)
  • annuthebest
    Options
    jaycete wrote: »
    How fast you lose does not matter. What matters is that you are losing weight. Don't let one scale measurement throw you off. It's not worth giving up on all the hard work you've put in just because of one bad day.

Weight loss is not linear. You're not going to lose the same amount every time. Any loss is a win.

Also, it's important to note that our weight fluctuates all the time for a whole host of reasons. Gaining a few pounds here and there is fine as long as your weight is showing a downward trend.

Is there a reason why your intake is so low? The recommended intake for a woman is 1,200 calories, and not 1,000 to 1,200.

You are so right. Actually, on my doctor recommendations I have started a medication from which I have lost all my appetite. Qsymia is the medicine name. That is why eating less calories

• Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You are losing weight at a healthy rate. At your weight range it's quite normal to lose 1-2lbs per week, but some weeks it'll be less, some weeks it'll be more. You're at the beginning so don't stress too much about how quickly it goes, I would advise you to focus more on creating a good base in eating habits now so you don't fall off the wagon later. See how you can fit 1200 calories into your day in a natural way, create new favourite meals, snacks, so you don't need to think about it later.

I read up on your medication, I didn't like the side effects, but if your doctor said it's good for you then I won't question your doctor. I can tell you from my personal experience that I lost 80+lbs myself in a year with just a calorie deficit, no medicine involved. So it's doable, but you need to stick to the program.

Are you working out? Are you weighing all your foods? Are you logging everything that passes your lips?
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That's really fast! I started in July at 237 and I'm down to 208 now. It has taken me 4 months to do it. I'm happy with my progress, you should be with yours. I refuse to eat only 1200 calories though, so last week I changed to 1 POUND per week. Tried the 1200 for a few days and just NO!
    It won't happen overnight. I wanted to be at my goal weight by June 2018, but I've readjust Ed my expectations to Dec. 2019 based on what I've been reading on mfp.
  • batorkin
    batorkin Posts: 281 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    When I lost a bunch half a decade ago, my weight loss was not linear. I dropped about 15 pounds quickly and then just sat there, for what seemed like forever (but in reality it was only 3 weeks), and then during the 3rd week I lost about 6 pounds bringing me back up to a 2 pound/week average. Weight loss is definitely not linear. The scale lies. Just keep counting calories and it will come off.

If you want to ensure 2 pounds/week as you get closer to the goal, hit the gym hard. 5-7x a week. If you can manage to burn an extra 500 calories/day from exercise (about an hour a day), that'll be an additional 1 pound/week, which means you can eat more and still lose 2 pounds a week.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    dx1t0nsf93o7.png

Here, this is my weight loss curve for the past year. It's all over the place, but the trend is DOWN, so as long as you're lost - regardless how little - a loss is a loss is a loss.