Shortcut to Shred

Was headed to the gym and had been using shortcut to shred from bodybuilding and now come to find out they charge monthly now!! How dare them lol I probably will cave in and pay since I love the program but is anyone familiar with this and know a program that’s similar and free!? Thanks guys

Replies

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited November 2017
    You could make up your own routine. It's not rocket science. Jim Stoppani is not required.

Train 5-6 days per week on a split routine, hitting all muscle groups twice a week.

Throw in 1/2 hour of cardio 3 times a week.

Do 12-16 sets of 8-12 reps per bodypart spread over 3-4 exercises per bodypart.

A good routine is a push/pull...

Chest/shoulders/triceps on the push day.
    Legs/back/biceps on the pull day.
    Calves everyday 3 sets
    Keep rest periods between sets to no more than 1 minute.

Set up your target bodyweight and follow MFP to record calories.

Eat a balanced diet.

Pick a target weight and lose weight 1-2 lbs. per week.

Train on this routine and reduce your bodyweight slowly over 3 months to 6 months depending on how fat you are now. Could even take longer. The key is to lose weight slowly so muscle loss is minimized. You will lose both fat and muscle but mostly fat.

• Jonesuna64
    Jonesuna64 Posts: 233 Member
    Was headed to the gym and had been using shortcut to shred from bodybuilding and now come to find out they charge monthly now!! How dare them lol I probably will cave in and pay since I love the program but is anyone familiar with this and know a program that’s similar and free!? Thanks guys

YES!! I was using it for free and then they hit me with the 8.99/month deal. I have been searching online to see if anyone has it posted
  • moco916
    moco916 Posts: 11 Member
    Have you tried accessing it through the B.B.com app? I was able to pull it up that way.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    My husband and I are doing layne Norton's Ph3, and still able to access it free on the app. I was using the website too as it had a couple of different features and so disappointed that they are now charging! I found a free version online (that does all the calculations the app doesn't do) so that was handy...

Seems like bb.com are getting lots of backlash for charging monthly fees.