Don't eat fast food salads

Options
I should have known better. Stupid Wendy's. Their new baja salad with guacamole looked so good. So I ate it for dinner and later came here to calculate my calories. Know what?!......the STUPID salad is 640 calories!!! No wonder people get scammed thinking they're eating healthy and bam! Next time I'm just sticking with the chili like I usually do, I like it better anyway. :noway: :angry:

Replies

• liltommysmommy
    Options
    The only one I have every eaten is the southwest grilled chicken salad at McDonalds. With the dressing it is only 420 calories and super yummy!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The only one I have every eaten is the southwest grilled chicken salad at McDonalds. With the dressing it is only 420 calories and super yummy!

OHHH I love the McD's one as well, but I don't use their dressing, I bring my own, chop another 100 calories off! I eat the grilled chicken ceasar salad from Wendy's and bring my own dressing as well....still under 400 calories.
  • beevee84
    beevee84 Posts: 9
    Options
    Trickster! But congrats on not smoking and the weight progress you've made so far!
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like the Farmer Boys ( in So. CA) grilled chicken salad, it's huge and it's suppossed to be 400 cals without the dressing. I also order it without the shredded cheese. I can never eat all the chicken so I set half of it aside and finish all the greens and such. I only use about a tbsp. of the dressing, if not less. I think it probably comes to about 250 cals and it's very filling.
  • spookydolly76
    Options
    I don't think 690 cals is that bad for a main meal, especially if its filling and remains within your cals for the day.
  • microtanya
    microtanya Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    chick-fil-a chargrilled and fruit salad is yummy and filling, I can even do it without dressing it's so good
  • missyhughes
    Options
    I got their baja salad also but I didnt add the salad dressing, didnt eat the gaucamole, and didnt eat the chips that came with it. I just poored the chili over the greens and ate it like that it was awesome. and it reduced the salad into the 400 calorie range which for a main meal isnt bad at all.
  • Binki
    Binki Posts: 13
    Options
    I use to order Wendy's grilled cesar salad, but they changed their salads. Now they're higher in cals. I now pre-check how many calories under the food diary if I have to eat fast food, so there are no surprises when you enter it. But this happened to me today at breakfast, I had a denver omlete and later found out it was over 550 cals.!!! Just move on and workout.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I don't see 640 as too bad either... especially if there are things you can take off to make it even less calories than that (or use 1/2 the dressing, or something like that).

I used to eat Wendy's mandarin chicken salad quite a bit... keep the crunchy noodles, skip the other topping (can't remember what it was, croutons, maybe?), half the dressing. It was less than 400 calories, if I remember correctly. :)

Chili is definitely a good choice at Wendy's... just hard to eat in the middle of summer here!
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    My FAVORITE salad is the Poppyseed, Chicken and Walnut salad from Panera Bread. It's only 260 calories with the dressing and it is HUGE. I always feel satisfied after eating it! Try it...it's yummy!