Starting Over

Options
Sometimes I think I seek out excuses in the way I eat. Last week, I started this journey over again and was doing well. Then, I ended up busting my phone and did not have access to mfp. Instead of writing things down with pen and paper, like I should have, my thought process was I might as eat what I want...and then just start over when I receive my new phone.
Here I am again...3 pounds heavier because I can't stop making excuses. I know how big I am and, yet, I can't stop this trend. I remember what it's like to be 197. I made it there a couple years ago before gaining almost 100 of it back. I'm mad and frustrated at myself and, yet, I keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
I want this to be the last time I start over. I'm tired...tired of failing at this. Tired of food controlling me. Just tired....

Replies

• KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    It’s a great day to start again. Just a few thoughts, it’s great to let it out. Motivation won’t be enough, you need to be determined. It’s not an all or nothing journey, it’s a stairstep day by day for life. Habit and behavior change is key, work on just a few behaviors at a time. Exercise is awesome, find something you enjoy! You can do this - positive mindset!!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Food won't control you unless you let it. You can control your food intake. But you have to set yourself up for success. I think you start out to fail. If you think about eating and moving for good health and for life as a journey, and doing well, as being virtuous, and feel like you can't, and aren't, eating what you like, you'll be on constant lookout for ways to escape.

You also can't use your weight as a motivation for eating less - after all, you don't eat too much for the purpose of gaining weight, do you? You eat too much because it somehow feels good. Find ways to eat just enough, that also feel good. MFP could be a good tool for that, as it lets you examine your food choices and plan ahead, responsibly - to fit your needs and allow for wants.