Fibromyalgia and Exercise

Options
sln59
sln59 Posts: 4 Member
Anyone have fibromyalgia and have trouble exercising? I also struggle with having the energy to prepare healthy meals.

Replies

• dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Although my fibromyalgia has been under control for many years, I give yoga the credit for getting by body into shape without a lot of pain at my worst time. As for meals I cook most meals in well under 30 minutes. You can put a variety of meats, potatos, vegetables together in a crock pot in the AM or pressure cooker just before dinner. Stir fry some greens or other vegetables, mushrooms, chicken or other meat together. Put a roast, chicken, ham in the oven with yams, baked potato or winter squash to bake together. My daughter loves her Instapot for both slow cooking and pressure cooking one pot meals.
  • sln59
    sln59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did a gentle yoga class on Monday for the first time. I am still recovering. I will have to do smaller sessions. Thanks for your advice.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    my friend who got me started on mfp lost 70lbs & we went to water aerobics together. We have heated pool at my gym. she has fibromyalgia
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Yes, yoga and water. Planning. Started with a cheap pedometer from Walmart. Averaged my steps for 10 days prior to starting. 300 steps. Made sure I walked at least 300 steps every day no matter how bad it hurt. Tried to walk 305 each day the first week, 310 the second week, etc. was a while before I could start either yoga or water. Doing great now. Just very slow progress. PATIENCE.