Working Around Holidays,Christmas

Options
2»

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Another strategy is to eat healthier holiday food (sweet potatoes vs. regular potatoes, roasted turkey vs. fried turkey) beforehand so that you're not hungry when you arrive to the dinner/potluck and less tempted to eat everything in sight.

Curious as to how sweet potato is a healthier choice to normal potato?

I struggle with the concept of "eat before you go". If I eat beforehand that means I have less calories to spend on food where I'm going. Tempting holiday food is not going to be less tempting because I ate earlier in the day! I'd rather save myself til I got to where I was going and know that I could enjoy food, and fit it in to my goals more easily.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I tend to eat before heading to a holiday gathering because I tend to eat my meals early (lunch is often at 11am, dinner around 5pm) and I don't want to be starving. I'm less likely to go for the munchies (crackers & cheese, chips and dip) that are often present and wait for the main course.

~Lyssa
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    a couple of days isnt going to destroy your work.

me? im eating all the things. and its my brothers wedding this weekend. im drinking all the booze. cause .... open bar. and my mother will be there. its alcohol or jail.