Time for a change...Time for a new me.

Options
I will be 43 in 2 weeks. I am about 50 lbs overweight. My weight has bothered me for years but when I hit the 200 lb plus mark something in me clicked and I knew this wasn't the person I wanted to be. I am not a big snacker and sweets are not really my thing. I love "comfort" foods (pasta, rice, gravy, potatoes...etc). And dinner time is my ultimate worst time ever for over eating.

I have not confided in my husband my actual weight (and yes I know he knew I was packing it on) for years now. But on 07/13/2013, I confessed my weight to my husband and how bothered I was by not only how I felt but that I feared that I wouldn't be around to watch my 2 sons grow up if I didn't make a change. On the 15th, I started the C25K program. I have a lung disorder so running is difficult for me so I will keep repeating Week 1 until I can get through that week's program and know I can progress to the other week. Each day I run, I can tell I get further and further each time before my breathing is an issue. I do not stop that day's program because of my breathing but I know I'm not where I can progress to the longer running periods yet.

My husband and my oldest son (14) has picked up running as well. My husband is my motivator, helps me remember to watch what I eat and supports me during my exercise. When I feel like giving up - he is there to lift my spirits and remind me that I can do it and to push harder.

Logging my food on MFP is an AWESOME tool in helping me keep my calories in check. I know I have a journey ahead of me and I will do this one step/one pound at a time. It is time for a change in my life....time for a new me!!!

Replies

• carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    welcome! I also love logging in my food. Totally keeps me motivated. I do get pretty close to going over my calories sometimes but I don't let it discourage me. :) I've lost 9 pounds so far and just started last month.

I use the treadmill but because of a hip flex. problem, I can only walk for 30 minutes before it starts hurting me. Also, I used to be a runner but thats out of the equation now. I have taken up bicycling! Can't say I love it but I do like it a lot. :) Put on my ipod at the gym and I'm good to go for 45 minutes.

GOOD LUCK to you. You will do it. I can see the determination in your post. Don't get discouraged. I hit a plateau a couple weeks ago but WOOOHOOOO, it has passed.

add me if you'd like :)

carol
  • jezwins1
    jezwins1 Posts: 34
    Options
    hi there I was in the same position as you in feb-march this year. When I started exercising I could barely walk 8 mins on the treadmill with out my calves killing me. I kept at it on the tread mill and then progressed to the crosstrainer which was a great way to build stamina. Its sort of cross between fast walking and running and once you get in a rythm its great. A very good first step before running

If you have the NHS choices c25k it is fantastic I love it and am going on week 9 tomorrow. Whats great is that it really encourages you and Laura the voice on the podcast is my new love ha ha

good luck with MFP it is great and if you want to friend me that is fine

Jez