Protein and fibre

Options
Hey guys,

Just looking on some tips to smash my protein and fibre goals daily.

I’m currently trying to lose 3 stone so weight loss snacks / meals would be fabulous!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Foods rich in both protein and fibre, is beans and pulses. But the easiest and most effective solution is to actually look at your diet as a whole, and add/replace foods with more protein and foods with more fibre: Foods rich in protein is meat, fish, other seafoods, eggs, grains, nuts and seeds, dairy. Foods rich in fibre is fruit and vegetables and whole grains.

There are no special meals or foods for weight loss. You have to eat less, that's all.

Nutrition goals are also just guidelines. A balanced and varied diet is what you should aim for, and you can achieve that with food you like.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I cheat. If I'm low at the end of the day I throw a scoop of Fiber Dx (50 cals, 11 g fiber, 7 g protein) in a drink. Not the best way, but with 1200 cals it is sometimes hard to hit all the numbers.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Raspberries are perfect, low calories, high fiber. If you want protein with fiber, then just grab a Quest bar.

Or combine the raspberries with greek yogurt.