Not losing weight 1500 calories deficit & exercise

Options
Ok so first month I lost 15lbs after that i fluctuate between 292-300 Im tracking my food I have eliminate juice and soda from my diet completely dice I started only drink water and milk I also do not eat any more fast food approximately 5-6 days a week like I use to i mostly cook now I'm suppose eat 3500 calories a day to maintain my weight with my calorie counter Im at 1200-1600 per day i exercise 6 days a week I do strength training plus 30-60 mins of treadmill and elliptical at the mathematically I should be sheading pounds but instead it goes up and down I drink minimum half a gallon of water and I watch my sodium intake I've been like this for 3 weeks and my body is not changing I don't feel any different then from when I started it's getting frustrating and at some point I feel like just saying forget about it if anyone has some help please let me know because if It keeps going for a couple more weeks I'm going to quit thanks in advance for any info

Replies

• Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It could absolutely be logging errors like other said but it could just be that you need patience. I went through a month long plateau where my weight was stuck in the same 5 pound range. I knew for certain that I was eating at a deficit so I just kept chugging along and now, another month later, I'm down 8 pounds. If you are certain you have a continuous calorie deficit then the scale will eventually move. Like people here say, weight loss isn't linear.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This should be a lifestyle change that is something you can maintain. If your going to defeat yourself with frustration then your doomed to fail. It took me 25 years to put on the 50-60lbs I am trying to lose and I cannot expect it to just melt off. Everyones body is different you could be not giving your body enough for your activity level and it is storing the energy your eating thinking it is in starvation mode.
  • 93pear93
    93pear93 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Were you cutting calories slowly or you cut immediately ?
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    With a lot of weight to lose at the beginning, errors in estimating deficits can go un noticed, and often there is enough body fat to support a too-rigorous deficit without causing problems. You've made some healthy changes in how you eat (cutting empty calories), and you are exercising your body which is great. You could just continue for another week or two and see if the scale begins to move again. But you could be retaining fluid do to inflammation and stress (deficit plus hard training). Taking a break from training for a few days might be helpful, as well as reducing the amount of deficit (1200-1600 daily intake is way, way, way too low).
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Buy a food scale for about 25 dollars at Walmart or Target and weigh your food to carefully log it.

Also this might be helpful:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1