1200 Calories with exercise no change in weigh

Options
2»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    MFP should seriously just change the calculator... these posts are ridiculous. They come up hundreds of times per week. Buh.

OP.. just listen to the advice of the folks that are telling you to change your goals and eat more.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Set your profile to lose half a pound a week.

^^this^^
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You need to fuel your body. With 20 lbs to lose, you can't aim for 2 lbs per week.. at that point, you will be lucky with 1 lb per week. Also, if MFP is estimating your exercise calories then eat 50% of them. Or better yet, do the TDEE option. Based on your stats and workout plan, set your calories to 1700 (macro's to 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats) and eat that every day. Try to get within +/- 100 calories. Also, get a food scale to log food accurately. With exercise, make sure you do some weight training as well. In fact, I would suggest 3 days of full body workouts to start and then 1-2 days of cardio (preferably HIIT). After a month, you can reevaluate your position.

Just to reiterate this....
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I work hard, I usually gain water weight. My body retains water as muscles heal themselves. I'll see no change in weight, or a gain in weight. Then I wait a few days (limited exercise) and the water weight comes right off, plus additional fat loss. It's a slow, long and daunting process that is not linear. You weight fluctuates up and down, but on the whole, you lose weight. Starvation mode only exists if you're eating next to nothing and are already underweight. Most of the time, people are underestimating their calories (&/or not being truthful about what they eat) by a good amount.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Find the "In place of a road map" thread. Read it. Do it.

You're welcome.
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options
    MFP should seriously just change the calculator... these posts are ridiculous. They come up hundreds of times per week. Buh.

OP.. just listen to the advice of the folks that are telling you to change your goals and eat more.

I agree! I just started posting on the forums and see multiple threads like this every single day.

You need to eat more, OP!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    have you tried adding strength sessions to your routine? Sometimes cardio alone doesnt help you lose weight.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Give it time, patience is the key. I saw no results in my first 6-8 weeks of healthy living. Then suddenly 8 pounds dropped, best feeling ever. I seemed to lose weight in 5 pound chunks once a month. Also drink lotsa water, makes a huge difference. Mix up the exercise as well to shock the body from the usual routine.

Check out the time lines of most people on here, they took 1, 2 years and on to get there because they are living healthy not dieting.
  • lifeslyrics28
    Options
    I was and still am in the same boat as you with the weight thing. Other than cardio, I've been doing a lot of weight training as well and sticking to my calorie goals consistently and even cut out alcohol for awhile. I felt frustrated because I felt like I did see a change in my body, but the scale indicated otherwise. And I was right...I have been losing inches! I recently started following a few fitness blogs and what they all try and drill in your head is that if you are incorporating strength/weight training you have to keep track of your measurements because muscle weighs more than fat. This past week the scale tells me I only lost 1.2 lbs, but in my waist I lost an inch and a half! Just thought I'd share in case you haven't been keeping track of your measurements, you should definitely do so!

Good luck, I know it can be frustrating at times, but you will see results, just hang in there!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    *waves from the same boat*

I have my goal set to 2lbs a week so I can lose 100lb. It gives me a calorie goal of just over 1600. I eat close to that everyday, but never eat back the exercise calories. I'm stuck as well. I guess I should eat back the exercise? So so frustrated.....
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I have my goal set to 2lbs a week so I can lose 100lb. It gives me a calorie goal of just over 1600. I eat close to that everyday, but never eat back the exercise calories. I'm stuck as well. I guess I should eat back the exercise? So so frustrated.....
    eat them back.
  • pilot1960
    pilot1960 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try a new goal setting for calories and try to eat them. Not eating enough will force your body to hold on to what you have. Exercise too is a deceiver as muscle weights more than fat. So you might be fitter muscle wise but not be losing anything. I think your calories should be a bit higher than 1200 and try to eat at least them every day plus some of your exercise extras.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

eat them back.
    Makes me think of pac man, but I will try it this week coming and see what happens. As for muscle, I know I have some NICE biceps, just gotta get rid of the fat to show them off, LOL
  • mmabdull99
    Options
    Just wanted to update you guys, I have been eating a little bit more and seeing great progress in terms of inches but theres still no movement on the scale, im thoroughly confused please help.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to update you guys, I have been eating a little bit more and seeing great progress in terms of inches but theres still no movement on the scale, im thoroughly confused please help.

It has only been a couple of weeks. Give it more time.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

Most days you barely eat 1300 calories... that probably still isnt enough for you. This is probably still why you arent seeing the weight loss.

also, do you weigh and measure your food?
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Going from 2000 to 1200? You are eating too little. Like a lot too little. I'd say up that to 1400-1500 and see where that gets you.
    [/quote
    I agree at 1200 i didn't lose i increased to like 1400ish and i lost consistently!! try this bmr calculator

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/