Major NSV just when I needed It

Options
AmericanExpat
AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
edited November 2017 in Success Stories
I have been a yoyo dieter for most of my adult life. In August of this year I had some health issues and spent some time in the hospital. That time in the hospital scared me enough to once again take my health into my own hands, only this time I am looking at it as a lifestyle change not a diet.

The first change I made was to eliminate regular soda from my diet, which as a type 2 diabetic I should have already done. I starting using MFP, counting my calories and becoming more active. In August, my A1C was 7.7, which was the highest I had ever had it. I just got my A1C taken this weekend after 3 months of my healthier lifestyle and a loss of 25 pounds and my A1C was 6.3!!!! I should mentioned that I am not on any medicine for the diabetes and did this only with diet and exercise. I have been struggling with water weight the last few weeks and this was just the thing I needed to get me re-focused and less stressed about the scale.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!