Exercising after a TURBT

Options
FYI: My uro-oncologist has referred me to a hospital dietician; I'm waiting for an appointment. I'm just looking for ideas of what to do between now and then.

A week and a half ago, I had a TURBT (trans-urethral resection of bladder tumor) to get rid of some malignant lesions. I feel fine, now but I'm under medical restriction not to lift anything over 3lbs. I'm wondering whether anyone here has been through similar surgery and whether you have any suggestions for exercises—other than walking, which I'm doing already—that are safe for me to do at this point.

I asked my uro-oncologist and he admitted his expertise was urological cancers, not diet and exercise, at which point he asked his admin to send the referral to the dietician. So. Here I wait. Ideas?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Ideas?

Yeah......

Don't ask a bunch of folks on an internet fitness board for medical advice; wait to hear back from the healthcare professionals.

Best of luck!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I just thought maybe someone here had been through similar surgery or was in the field. I am giving the office another call tomorrow morning. It's been a week.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I just thought maybe someone here had been through similar surgery or was in the field. I am giving the office another call tomorrow morning. It's been a week.

You bet.

Seriously, what is a day or two of rest compared to your long term health?

Take it easy, recover and enjoy the rest.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Keep on the doc about those referrals. Ask to see PT re exercise.