Exercise Plan- any advice?

Options
I'm currently in the process of educating myself fully in the subject of exercise and fitness. I'm aiming to lose weight and get fitter. In order to do this I've been actively increasing my exercise (as well as getting diet under control). I wondered if anyone who has been in similar situations might be able to glance over my plan and make any suggestions?

CW: 186lb
SW: 198lb
GW: 136lb

Plan is (scheduled around working and life etc!):

Tuesday evenings attend Les Mills Body Pump class
Wednesday afternoon do a session of Couch to 5k followed by a spinning class.
Thursday morning another Les Mills Body Pump class
Friday afternoon do Couch to 5k followed by swimming
On the weekend aim to do another C25K and another swimming session. Plus hubby and I usually play squash on the weekend once.

I'm trying to balance strength work with cardio. Goals include increasing fitness and endurance, completing a 5k race I'm signed up for in April and losing another 50lb.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    If this is you just starting exercising, the best advice I can give you is to take it slowly.
    I would either start the Les Mills, or the C25k, then once comfortable, start the other.

Too often one can, through the pure excitement of starting a new endeavour, over do it and either burn out or injure themselves.

Also, when using the MFP calorie guide you are supposed to eat back your exercise calories. MFP's calorie burn for exercise estimates are not perfect, watch your weight loss and if it is not at the rate you expect, and your logging is on point, drop your exercise calories by 25%.

You do need to fuel your exercise so please don't skip those calories thinking you will lose faster.

Cheers, h.
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for advice. I work in nutritional support as part of my role so I'm happy with the food side of things (i.e I know what I should do...now just have to do it!).

I'm not a complete beginner to exercising. Have always done 1-2 sessions a week of moderate cardio and now am looking to incorporate strength training and a little more cardio perhaps. I started 1 Les Mills class two weeks ago and the C25k 3 weeks ago and finding it good so far.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great. Carry on.

Cheers, h.