Scale number

Options
Does the food we eat the day before reflect our true weight the next day?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Not sure if we ever have a true weight as it fluctuates so much but I know for me the scale bounces up the day following a high sodium meal. I know that's not my true weight though as a few days later I go back down to my usual number give or take 0.5-1lb.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular reason you're asking? Are you obsessing over what you ate yesterday?
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular reason you're asking? Are you obsessing over what you ate yesterday?

Ugh no im not and i don’t obsess, thanks for your kindness!

• Aw0627
    Aw0627 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't know about true weight, what is that anyway. However, the food we eat the day before does seem to have some affect depending on the type of food and your own body. Personally I see an in flux in my weight if I have a high sodium or high carb meal, my body reacts negatively to these type of meals. I do a lot of experiments to see how my body reacts to different foods.

I'm still not really sure what you mean by true weight, but I think the best approximate of our weight is when our stomach is empty for the most part.
  • gtrslmmr
    gtrslmmr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just to add to 'thecharon' post; high sodium = added water weight, as salt attracts water, which is jus a basic chemistry fact. So, cutting down on sodium should help!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your weight is whatever you weigh when you get on the scale, assuming a properly functioning scale. Assuming you are naked, the number you see is your true weight.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If I am sure I am eating at a deficit, I consider my true weight to be the lowest number I have seen; bounces back up are water or more "stuff" in the pipeline. I ignore them.