ideas on how to cook Brussels sprouts

Options
13»

Replies

• Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    In for the bacon ! Halve them pan fry in bacon grease (I like a little sear on them) then crumble the bacon before serving. I'll also throw some fresh Parmesan on as they finish cooking then bacon on top.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    1lmnzm.jpg

^^this
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Cut them in half and stir fry.
    They are pretty decent as they retain their shape and consistency without turning to mush unless you boil them first.
    Did this yesterday with onion, red pepper, chicken and some black bean sauce.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    bacon grease mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • robstevens12
    robstevens12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cut in half. Marinate them with Siracha. Add olive oil and roast in the oven.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Straight steamed is good.
    Quartered and sauteed is good.
    Super thin sliced and quick sauteed for a salad base is good - I did this the other day with a piece of chicken and caesar dressing.
    Roasted they can be quite dry, and I prefer not to use oil because I'd rather use the calories another way.
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    there is only 1 way in my house. slice in half, pop em in boiling water for 5 min. chop up bacon into bits and pan fry the bits. pull out the bacon and keep the grease. throw the Brussels in the pan and fry em up with a little bit of bacon grease at a time, finally throw the bacon bits together with the Brussels... it's the only way to live. haha

side note, it reheats decently for meal prep as long as you don't overcook it.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chopped and cooked with diced bacon in creme fraiche