Staying Active Thanksgiving

Options
2»

Replies

• SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm in Ohio for a week of eating. We're visiting two groups of my husband's family, and they're all taking turns hosting and feeding us. It is a challenge. I want to be appreciative and it's all delicious, but I can't handle losing the ground I've gained. So somehow I've been eating moderately most days. Thankfully, I got a 2 mile run in, and hunting season ended yesterday!
    There are plenty of trails here (near Cleveland), and for the next leg we'll be in a hotel with a gym, visiting his grandma in a suburban neighborhood in Toledo where I can run on sidewalks. I'm feeling really fortunate about that. (Back home, there are no sidewalks.)
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cold (0F) is only fun with lots of snow to play in. Hubby's hometown is cold but no snow right now. I'm not an asphalt runner so running in a town of 2500 didn't seem fun. Normally we run through the pastures but it's hunting season so that's not safe. Found an out of the box solution and was excited - didn't mean to be controversial. And yes not working out would likely kill me - too twitchy!