Saturday Weigh In

Options
I get weighed on a Saturday at Slimming World, I try and follow their rules and lost 5.5lb in my first week. I am due to get weighed again this Saturday (will be two weeks since last weigh in as I have been away) I feel smaller but so nervous that I won't have lost. I got really fed up with the recipes on slimming world so now I just count my calories and I've cut out all snacks and puddings. I am was 16stone 9.5 lbs when I started and I am now 16stone 4. My goal is to get to 13 stone 13 as I know I am comfortable at that weight.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    All the best for the weigh in.

If you consistently eat at calorie deficit you will lose. Keep up the good work :smile:
    Also you need to be aware if the scale on Saturday doesn't reward you, that doesn't mean you aren't doing it right. Our weight fluctuates naturally from day to day.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hope your weigh in goes well, just keep being consistent and the weight will fall off. If your weight loss stalls just re-evaluate your calorie intake and keep going. All the best on your journey.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good luck and congrats on your first week. If you get tired of Slimming World there is a lot of support here on MFP. Losing weight is really very simple, just make sure you stay in a calorie deficit by burning more calories than you eat. MFP is a great tool for that. Don't get discouraged if you don't drop another 5 lbs. week 2....10 lbs. in a month is considered very high. It is not unusual to lose large amounts of weight in the first week or two especially with water loss, and then typically it slows down even though you are doing everything the same. Losing 5 lbs. per week on a regular basis would not be healthy. 2 lbs. per week is an aggressive goal for many (deficit of 1000 calories/day). Typical is 1 lb. per week over the long haul. Unless you have a health reason, you don't need to "cut out all snacks and puddings" as long as you can fit them into your calorie budget along with healthy, balanced meals. I eat 3 moderate, healthy meals per day and probably 5 or 6 snacks plus lots of low cal drinks/water. Some snacks are healthy like fruit or veggie sticks, sometimes nuts or popcorn, yesterday fit in a few homemade tortilla chips and guacamole dip since lunch was lower, and often I just like something such as sugar-free ice cream or pudding. These are foods I enjoy and would not like to eliminate completely. I eliminated sugar (use stevia or other substitute) and eat only a few starches/day. I watch fats somewhat. Other than that I eat what I want, although mostly home cooked. I've only been doing this for 2 months now, but have lost 16 lbs. and am still losing at about a pound a week. Hope this helps. Again, good luck.