300+

Options
Candi8185
Candi8185 Posts: 26 Member
Hi everyone,

I am starting out at 355 pounds and so overwhelmed with this number. I'm 5'4 and should be in the 130's. Has anyone here started over 300+ and reached their goal or getting close to goal? I would love to see pictures of your progress to give myself some inspiration and motivation.

Back in December I was about 315. It is crazy how the added 40 pounds has affected my mobility. I can't stand or walk any longer than about 10 minutes without my back killing me! =/ Anyone else have mobility issues at 300+.

Can't wait to regain my life back!

Replies

• aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started at 301. I'm a bit taller though and I'm not close to my goal but you can do it. Slow and steady is the best way and don't be overwhelmed. You don't have to get skinny really fast . Think that each pound you lose is adding time to your life so even if it takes a while you will still have time to enjoy your new found freedom without the weight keeping you down! Youc an do it!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 309. It is possible to lose the weight. It just takes time.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started at 383.4. I'm now 304.6 after approximately 11 months. My goal is to be under 300 at my one year goal.

Just remember, it's going to take time. There will be periods of rapid loss and plateaus, even some gain back. Stay the course and you'll get there.
  • PrincessYorga
    Options
    I started at 328 lbs (I'm taller though 5'8") and my mobility was seriously affected. My back hurt all the time, I couldn't climb the stairs one floor to my bedroom without getting winded, walk for more than a couple of minutes without feeling fatigued, etc.

Over the past 4 months I have lost almost 50 lbs (still nowhere near goal yet - 160 is mine right now) but I can tell you that I feel like a totally new person just dropping that weight.

Losing over 100 pounds can seem VERY daunting. I broke it down in to mini-goals so that I wouldn't lose motivation or get discouraged. Reward yourself for every 10 or 20 lbs that you lose with something non-food related. It will help keep your motivation up!

Most importantly, have faith in yourself. This isn't going to happen overnight so that will be key for you to keep progressing. You can do this and you are worth it!!!! You took the first step by joining MFP and posting on these forums. Read the many success stories, make some supportive friends and just keep going!!! :-)
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I started at 311 same height. I have lost 75 pounds to date.

It is possible. Start with small changes and build on them. No sweetened drinks and walk to the mailbox, twice!

I recently wrote a blog post about my weight and how it effected my daily functions. Please add me and feel free to read it.

I also recommend checking out "The anti-jared", google him or find him on facebook, he tells it straight . He lost Over200 lbs and is honest about the struggles of being obese.
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi There: I read your post and Congratulations on beginning the journey to health.
    We have different fitness goals but please read the Success Stories.
    There are many who have succeeded where you are right now.
    They did it-You can too!
    If I can offer any advice-please exercise as you can.
    One woman lost approx. 180lbs. and she didn't exercise.
    She was so disappointed in her saggy skin.
    She could have prevented this by exercising.
    Start off slowly by walking, then add hand weights, until you can add more exercises.
    You will become stronger and more centered.
    Good Luck to you on your journey.
    I'm here if you want a friend.
  • ileitch
    ileitch Posts: 99
    Options
    I hit 355 and I'm at about 285 now. More importantly, I can walk comfortably now (it used to hurt all over). I had knee pain and it's gone. Hang in there. :smile:
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am starting out at 355 pounds and so overwhelmed with this number. I'm 5'4 and should be in the 130's. Has anyone here started over 300+ and reached their goal or getting close to goal? I would love to see pictures of your progress to give myself some inspiration and motivation.

Back in December I was about 315. It is crazy how the added 40 pounds has affected my mobility. I can't stand or walk any longer than about 10 minutes without my back killing me! =/ Anyone else have mobility issues at 300+.

Can't wait to regain my life back!

I am 5'6" and weigh 311 at the moment. I was at 349 many, many years ago... and it can be done! In 2010 I did lose 75 pounds, and was doing good, but I let my emotions defeat me... and I at least stopped myself from regaining it all. But, know that you can do it. There is quite a few people on this board who have lost a LOT of weight. Just check out the success section :wink:
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    was 375 now 250
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was at 405 lbs on 2/17/12. I am now at 205 lbs as of 7/31/13 for a loss of 200 pounds in about 18 months. It is possible to lose weight. You just have to stay dedicated to living healthy by proper diet, nutrition, and exercise.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I STARTED AT 336. I'M NOT CLOSE TO GOAL, BUT I'M VERY CLOSE TO HALF WAY!

Picture004_zps86f9f956.jpg

Picture003_zps09ab43f2.jpg
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I weighed 362 pounds and lost 94 down to 268. I think I probably need to lose an additional 53 pounds before I'll be height-weight proportionate. I would be happy to have you along for the ride. Good on you for making the choice to free yourself of the weight!
  • Candi8185
    Candi8185 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration =)
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    SW 362lbs Oct 2011
    CW 216lbs
    GW 160 lbs

One day at a time is my advice. I used mfp faithfully which allows me to see what weeks, days, or meals are worse than others. This allows me to plan better to assist in reaching my goals.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi - I started at 380 pounds and have lost nearly 180 pounds...feel free to add me if you want....ive attached my before and current pic :)

380 pounds:
    1704image2.png

Now (approx 198-200 pounds)

1013740_10151772968326062_1991304131_n1_zpsfa8d42b0.jpg

:)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I started at 560 pounds and have lost 312 pounds.... Take it one day at a time..... Best of Luck

www.gettingfit4life.com

2009May2.jpg

YPic_zpsf5055c53.jpg

20130714_133242_zps7ebb4c9a.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    It's for life you wont ever be done with this until you die. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one minute at a time. Celebrate every 10lb loss and keep moving forward. The only failure you will have is if you quit.
  • xyneshia
    xyneshia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Candi! I started my journey at "error". I lost a bit of weight and then (magically) one morning my scale said "304". I wanted to cry. Wait........I did cry. Anyway, it has not always been easy but it has always been worth it and I will never go back. I weigh in at 177 right now, my goal for a healthy bmi is 164 so I am pretty close to where I should be. However, I have at least 10 pounds of extra skin on me that needs "dermolipectomy-ing" so I probably am where I should be. You can do this. Stick with it, never give up. Feel free to ad me to your friends and email me any time you need support, or to ask a question or advice or anything I might be able to help you with. I log in every time I eat or workout, so at least 4 times a day. This is a great place with great people from all walks of life come to support each other, welcome!
  • xyneshia
    xyneshia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mr. Davenport,
    That is the most impressive transformation I have ever seen! You inspire me, sir. Well done, you look awesome!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!