What to do when very few calories are left for dinner?

Options
Some days, after I log in breakfast and lunch, there are 200 calories left for dinner. How do you manage that?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Usually If I have eaten my calories like this it was planned early on to have a larger bfast or lunch ..pre-planning does wonders.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    unsweetened apple sauce with a little cool whip on it. non fat greek yogurt is surprisingly low call, even 200grams
    I add a couple Tbl of cool whip & a scoop of flavored protein or that "healthy meal" powder or powdered peanut butter. a huge salad with protein to fit withing your calories, maby add a hard boiled egg & low cal dressing.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,334 Member
    Options
    also lots of steamed veggies with some kind of protein, peanut butter powder on some of the cheap bread, that's 110cal for 2- make 2 open faced sandwiches. When I use peanut butter powder, I don't need jam. That's what I do when I have too few calories & lots of time before bed
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    At lunch I eat around 250-300 calories for a meal of 2 oz. meat & full plate of vegetables. 200 calories makes the protein more challenging, but for volume I'd stir fry (w/ only a wisp of spray oil) a mixture of bulky, low cal vegetables like cabbage, kale, spinach, bean sprouts, mushrooms, broccoli, onions or whatever you prefer and scramble an egg into it. You can season with soy sauce or wine vinegar. Actually lunch today was only 200 calories and high in protein....1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 2 ounces canned tuna, 1 tablespoon low fat mayo, 1 branch celery, 1 green onion, and one small pickle. Most common breakfast foods work as well if you don't over do it. My breakfasts are usually 250-300 calories. I try thinking ahead and pre-logging so that I know where I stand all day long. I have certain limits at each meal so I usually stay under them so that there are no surprises at dinner time...or worse snack time.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I had that very experience tonight. Too many goodies at the office this time of year! I just made myself a tuna sandwich on ~40 calorie bread with a pouch of Buffalo-style tuna. Add a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and it's under 200 calories (and has 22 grams of protein).
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Go over a little and plan better for tomorrow.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    A giant bowl of steamed broccoli with sriracha topped with sautéed mushrooms and garlic. About 250 cals.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the people here. Pre-plan and eat lighter for breakfast and lunch. I really want my snacks and a good dinner, so that's what I do. But if I end up with few calories for dinner, I generally go over and make up for it another day. That's what maintenance is all about!
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fried egg on toast is my go to!