Should I Be Wearing Shoes When Working Out?

Options
Hello!

I'm three days into Jillian's 30 Day Shred and I was just wondering if I should be working out with shoes on? I live in a basement apartment so the ceilings aren't that high. I'm a little concerned that with shoes my hands might hit the roof while I'm doing my jumping jacks if I add any more height. I also like that my feet stay cool that way. :)

The floors are carpet and I haven't had any issues so far. I'd just like to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks!

Replies

• sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you feel good! As long as you don't feel your feet, knees or back are getting injured or over-stressed, then you should be fine.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people that workout barefoot. People love Vibrams because they are close to being barefoot. I have done Insanity a few times without shoes. As long as you don't feel any discomfort in your joints (or anywhere), you should be fine.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you're not feeling any foot/ankle/leg pain you're probably ok. I'm assuming there must be carpeting or you're using some sort of mat in which case there's probably enough cushioning for it to be ok. I much prefer working out barefoot at home as it allows for better movement.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    That's awesome everyone! Thank you!

And thanks for the link to the previous thread. I'm sorry to double post a question!