Serial starter in need of a daily check in pal.

Options
So, I need to get back on track for good! I actually had a few months at the beginning of the year where I was good but then it went downhill and I put what little weight I lost back on. Life has been crazy busy and I'm just not in a happy place right now which has been fueling my non stop eating. I am looking for Pals who might help with daily check ins to keep me motivated. My goal is to loose 30-40 lbs over the next year. I really need to drop 20 before the summer.

Replies

• canfitguy
    canfitguy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been consistently logging for a while now and it's become a very good habit & routine for me. Feel free to add me if you are looking for someone who logs in daily and supports everyone on my friends list. Good luck you got this!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using mfp for 6 years. I’ve lost 130 lbs.. I stopped for a little while and went on my own awhile, but my portion control got a bit out of control. I’ve been back about a month and I’m loving it! I’m pretty educated on nutrition and the psychological issues involved with weight loss. If you’d like to add me, I’m active every day.
  • khalikhoopri
    khalikhoopri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are. Add me and we can hold each other accountable. Perhaps do a 1-1.5 lbs/week challenge among us. We can also compete on fitbit!
  • courtneygus42016
    Options
    Hi there! I am in exactly the same spot you are in. I need to drop 30 lbs and I need a minimum of 20 lbs by summer! I can be a buddy to you.... Journaling my food is the only way it works for me. I need a buddy! Whoo Hoo!
  • weightwatcher490
    weightwatcher490 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am the same as you! I desperately need an accountability buddy or buddies! I have wonderful friends in my “real life” and they try to be supportive, but they are a little too empathetic when I “fall off the wagon”. I work out 3-4 days per week, ride horses and try to stay active even though I work in an office. My challenge is in keeping myself at 1200 healthy calories per day.....and tracking daily and consistently. So, I need committed buddies!
  • BethWilliams24
    BethWilliams24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Same! Add me if you like - we can tell each other off for the bad habits
  • dkoostra
    dkoostra Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I joined and lost weight when I didn't think I could. Life got a bit crazy for a while and the weight was regained, but now it's time to get into regular, healthy habits. I plan to log daily to help keep focus. It'd be great to help others keep motivated as well.
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hope_bay74 wrote: »
    So, I need to get back on track for good! I actually had a few months at the beginning of the year where I was good but then it went downhill and I put what little weight I lost back on. Life has been crazy busy and I'm just not in a happy place right now which has been fueling my non stop eating. I am looking for Pals who might help with daily check ins to keep me motivated. My goal is to loose 30-40 lbs over the next year. I really need to drop 20 before the summer.

I having thinking how badly I need a daily check in buddy. I have struggled for many years with about 30 to 45 extra pounds. 5 years ago got to about 15 pounds and would gain and lose 15 pounds for the next 4 years. That was until last year when all the stress caught up to me and I put on 50 pounds in about 4months. I feel like stress is killing me. I can not change the stress in my life right now but I have to figure out some way to put my health higher on the priority list. Anyway I am 5'4 and need to lose about 60 pounds. I would love a daily check in buddy.
  • melfaye75
    melfaye75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need a daily buddy as well. I’ve been doing WW but it’s not working for me. I honestly don’t think it’s the right program for me because I’m constantly hungry. I decided to do a little research and am going with this. I have 30lbs to lose. Just tracking today, I do not eat even close to enough calories in a day. I see people saying “you can add me”. How do you add people as “friends/buddies”?
  • Holly414141
    Holly414141 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a serial starter too, just came back again last week and I feel so much better. Been logging everyday! Please feel free to add me as well! Looking to loose about the same amount in the next year.
  • Athenarose565
    Athenarose565 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Add me. I think it's great when people do check in daily and you can track what they are doing and be there for others