Giving this another shot

Options
I'm 29 years old I have 3 kids and actually just had a miscarriage last night during this short pregnancy I had gain 15 pounds in 2 months and now won't even have a baby to show for it so I decided it's time to take back my body I struggle with depression and always turn to junk food I don't have a lot of time to myself so I eat what's quick and available I also tend to drink my calories. I don't know exactly where to start but I'm cutting cals down if you have any suggestion id appreciate it thanks
Looking forward to seeing everyone achieve their goals with me.

Replies

• allygoober
    allygoober Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss..
    I'm there with you on the depression train though, it's hard to break out of the cycle but I have faith in both of us! We can do it!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's so sad, and I hope you are getting help for your depression.

If you're unsure where to start, be certain that you're already doing the only thing that's necessary to lose weight - cutting calories. There's no specific things beyond that you have to do. Sure, it will be easier to stick to lower calories when you eat a well-rounded diet; good nutrition can help with mood; but to lose weight, all you have to do is eat less and keep eating less.

If you want to eat better, it can be smart to plan so that better alternatives are available when you need to eat.

It's also smart to not get caught up in "healthy eating"; don't rationalize healthy food to be time consuming and expensive just because you think healthy food is bland and boring. No foods are in themselves healthy or unhealthy; dosage and frequency and context is everything. Any diet that gives you a calorie deficit will make you lose weight as long as you stick to it. No diet will work if you don't stick to it. Eat food you like, and enjoy it, responsibly.
  • bluepoppy88
    bluepoppy88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    allygoober wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for your loss..
    I'm there with you on the depression train though, it's hard to break out of the cycle but I have faith in both of us! We can do it!

Thanks girl