Ab's comment

Options
thapainmaker
thapainmaker Posts: 152 Member
edited November 2017 in Introduce Yourself
There shouldn't be any Ab's questions. Your body fat needs to be low and you need to have enough muscle under your skin. Look up abs exercises and do cardio to loose enough body fat. Don't wanna sound like a jerk, but those threads are getting to be redundant. You can't "just" get a six pack.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I have ever seen anyone ever say that you should just get a six pack. Everyone who asks, in my experience, is told that you need to have the muscle to show, and the low body fat to let it come through.

I mean... if people stopped posting questions and just looked up existing threads on their issues, this forum would be very quiet. Way more boring, and probably a lot less snarky, but quiet.
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    it's just people seem so fanatic about the whole "six pack" thing. And I'm pretty sure you can have a six pack with just a low B/F...I'm just saying we all have those muscles in there somewhere
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    its the most commonly used muscle its why it's called our "core" it's supports all other muscle functioning
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    sorry i'm not trying to be an a-hole I just know its a very common concern for people around here and I don't see what all the fuss is about, when I feel it should be more aimed towards " how do I loose body fat so my body looks more fit and muscly." because anyone who gets to the point of having a sixpack will probably look ripped all over as well.... you know what I mean ?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    it's just people seem so fanatic about the whole "six pack" thing. And I'm pretty sure you can have a six pack with just a low B/F...I'm just saying we all have those muscles in there somewhere

While we all have the muscles, they may not show even at lower bodyfat. So having abs also has a lot to do with muscle base.
    For example, on the left is myself.. almost underweight.. very poor ab definition. On the right, I am 10lbs heavier. So while my bodyfat may actually probably be higher on the right, you can see more of them.
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

While we all have the muscles, they may not show even at lower bodyfat. So having abs also has a lot to do with muscle base.
    For example, on the left is myself.. almost underweight.. very poor ab definition. On the right, I am 10lbs heavier. So while my bodyfat may actually probably be higher on the right, you can see more of them.

Ok point made, good work too @sardelsa some really impressive gains there. Thanks for clearing that up for me I've got no problem saying I was wrong, I was just going of my experience, so I probably just had that base to begin with. Thanks again
  • sardelsa
    Options

Ok point made, good work too @sardelsa some really impressive gains there. Thanks for clearing that up for me I've got no problem saying I was wrong, I was just going of my experience, so I probably just had that base to begin with. Thanks again

Believe me I learn something new everyday.

Also thanks! That's not even my best side.. haha
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    @sardelsa lol well please show the rest
  • sardelsa
    Options

Haha.. you will just have to take my word for it
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

Oh..there we go. *Eye roll*
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't be any Ab's questions. Your body fat needs to be low and you need to have enough muscle under your skin. Look up abs exercises and do cardio to loose enough body fat. Don't wanna sound like a jerk, but those threads are getting to be redundant. You can't "just" get a six pack.

I agree it is hard work..
  • thapainmaker
    Options

Oh..there we go. *Eye roll*

haa @Ironandwine69 don't eye roll me... I was totally lured me into that one missy :D any connection to the 69 on your profile, dirty minds think alike ya know lmao j/k you gotta take what I say with a grain of salt
  • thapainmaker
    Options

Haha.. you will just have to take my word for it

@sardelsa dam I loved that other post, I wish I could give this one a sad face lmao j/k I know your worrds good ;)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I had the chat board blocked?
  • thapainmaker
    Options
    nope...why would you do such a thing? Theres just something wrong with send now we gotta put and @ and usnames infront of everything....It's really annoying to tell ya the truth @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld ... and your user name isn't making anything easier lmao :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

There shouldn't be any people who don't know the difference between 'lose' and 'loose' either, but here we are...