Quick Snack Ideas?

Options
Hey! I feel like I always crave snacks, what are some snacks I can pick up quickly at a grocery store or convenience store that aren't too bad for me? Thanks in advance

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No foods are bad for you. You can eat anything in moderation - for good nutrition, you want a balanced diet, variety, and enough, but not too many calories over time.
  • alihoule93
    alihoule93 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love protein snack bars when you need something quick and convenient (just try to look for ones that don't have TOO much sugar/sodium). They're not a perfect solution, but good in a pinch (and satisfy a sweet/salty craving sometimes). I go for Vega snack bars, if that helps!

Otherwise, when I plan ahead enough, I love: Greek yogurt (the 1-2% ones keep you super full I find!!), a couple slices of cheese and crackers, rice cake/English muffin with a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter, cottage cheese, goldfish cracker (this sounds silly maybe but I find they super help when I'm craving salty snacks).

I LOVE snacking and tend to 'graze' throughout the day rather than have big meals... but, that said, I also often find when I'm craving a snack I'm actually just thirsty. My rule when I get snacky is that I have to drink some water, and then if I'm still hungry 10 minutes later, I go for a snack.

IDK if this helps at all! I'm also a vegetarian, so I'm sure my solutions don't work for everyone. :)
  • naomiday85
    naomiday85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    21rtgs91eber.jpeg
    Soooo good
  • Angieve1
    Angieve1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I snack on greek yogurt and on oatmeal. I try to always have snack prepaired ahead of time so I always prep my food. Also bring fruits with you like an apple or a banana or even bring a baggies with some pre measured nuts, Lately I been having those Craisin cranberries infused in blueberry juice so good and dont need alot to satify a craving. Hope this help.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I do better not snacking, but what fits in your calories/goals, is tasty to you, and not something you'd feel like overeating? Hard boiled egg, greek yogurt (plain with some berries added), nuts, a piece of fruit are some ideas.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    When I was on the road working and would need a snack, I would stop at a convenience store and get a bag of nuts, usually almonds and a bottle of water to drink.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    a4xc9eob6oq4.jpeg
    Tuna on green lettuce with jalapeños and cranberries
  • alexastoutxo
    alexastoutxo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    naomiday85 wrote: »
    21rtgs91eber.jpeg
    Soooo good

What exactly is all this? Looks amazing!