Another UK Oppo thread! Now in Asda and Sainsbury's

Options
Got an email today from them (sign up and you'll get a voucher FYI) that they are now being stocked in Asda and Sainsbury's. Apparently my really crap Sainsbury's even has it, have not yet checked to confirm, it would be one of the few reasons to go into that branch. But I digress.

So it will also be interesting to see who ends up stocking Halo Top, the price comparisons and flavour options. Yes to lower calorie ice cream being in all the places!

Replies

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Oh good! We have an Asda near us so I'll be able to get my fix more easily. Thanks for the heads up :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Good to know as I have a large Asda that is a 5 minute walk away ... to get it before, I had to go quite a distance to the nearest Waitrose. Hoping my branch will get it in stock though I imagine it will be just as expensive ... cannot deny that it is more expensive than the more calorific options as even B & Js is on offer at £2.50 on a fairly regular basis. You would have thought they would lower the price so that more people might be tempted to try it.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The price does keep it as a sometimes thing for me but that's the way with any "specialty" products. I imagine Halo Top will come in at a similar price point.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    What price are they selling it for, it's £4.99 a tub in Waitrose
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I haven’t been in to look but probably the same.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Just checked Sainsbury’s online, £4 normal but on offer right now for £3. Stock up!
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Just checked Sainsbury’s online, £4 normal but on offer right now for £3. Stock up!

Thanks for sharing this info, a bus trip will be in order tomorrow methinks.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    It is priced £3 at Asda too, from what I can see.

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/brands/Oppo_in_ASDA.html
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Gonna need a bigger freezer
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Damn it...I've literally just done my weekly shop....counting down to next week now :D
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Stocked up on 6 containers. My Asda only had the salted caramel and chocolate with hazelnut.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this.

Going to stock up at that price
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Tried the salted caramel flavour from Asda the other day. Very nice and I finished the tub in one, lovely