What’s for thanksgiving? Show pictures!

Options
Time to give thanks and share food pics

Replies

• andfivesixseveneight
    Options
    Green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, brussel sprouts, roasted squash, tofurkey with mushroom stuffing, hard cider.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have any pictures but I had turkey (white meat), sweet potato, stuffing, gravy, homemade low carb cranberry sauce, mashed cauliflower, and a biscuit. For dessert I had low carb pumpkin/cheesecake bake and a cup of Nespresso Decaf Cappuccino. Quite a bit over my calorie/carb intake but, Hey......Thanksgiving only comes once a year....... :).
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pic, andfivesixseveneight!

I thought of taking a picture but I didn't. I did lots of roasting today: roasted tofurkey with wild rice stuffing, roasted butternut squash, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and cranberry orange sauce. And a vegan superfood muffin for dessert.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    No picture -- although I could take one of the pile of pots still awaiting scrubbing. We had chuck pot roast per request from DH. Lovely mashed spuds and gravy! The Lions still lost.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF BOOZE
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Our family decided to go Italian for Thanksgiving. Mom made spaghetti, older sister brought a meat lasagna and a spinach one. I brought my eggplant parmesan. Sides of salad and Italian garlic bread. Desserts were coconut cake, pecan pie, and Mom's messy cake. (I only had one dessert-pecan pie)

Funny thing: I grew up as a McMullen. No Italian blood that I know of!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My aunt made this one year. At the end of the night, it was still fully intact. My aunt didn't even try it. Sad.

8qskbg200pov.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    My aunt made this one year. At the end of the night, it was still fully intact. My aunt didn't even try it. Sad.

8qskbg200pov.jpg

Haahaa what a thing of beauty...
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

8qskbg200pov.jpg

What is it?
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ^no wonder no one was inspired to try some...looks like meat, congealed fat and peaches in jello :s
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »

8qskbg200pov.jpg

What is it?

Its leftover chicken or turkey meat shredded and mixed in with cooked veggies (carrots and celery usually) with hot stock poured over mixed with gelatin. The gelatin makes it set in the fridge. Its really really delish :)

Thanks for explaining :). I think I would just be scared of it LOL.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    It's still a little scary. :# Do you eat it cold? I'm having a hard time imagining the whole texture "experience".
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My more personal, less scary version :)

xyoidk10gyah.jpg

used to be called, "aspic." it was a popular and upscale thing until, i think, about WWI. it's not jello, but gelatin (no flavor/no sugar), so the flavor should be of the stock you used.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    No. Just... no. lol.

8qskbg200pov.jpg

What is it?

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It looks very interesting. I would have to try it. Just curiosity.
    And I'm pretty sure I would never make it myself.
    Seize the opportunity!
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    Oh, I'd try it. I'm just unsure about the taste/texture/temperature of what I've now come to think of as "Turkey Jell-O".
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    YES
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    No. Just... no. lol.

8qskbg200pov.jpg

What is it?

Reminds me of my dad who will never not in a million years try sushi. It just looks wrong to him. He likes rice, salmon, avocado etc. You put all that on plate for him he will eat it. But sushi will not even try. I bet the same will go for most of you who thing this is gross, trust me, its not.

My personal rule is try everything once. If I hate it, I don't have to eat it again... but I do have to try it.

that said, I would try this... I just would NOT be excited about it before it hits my lips, lol. Hopefully I'd be in for a delightful surprise.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yummy stuff!