Can't stay asleep

Options
I saw the other thread about OP not being able to fall asleep and thought about replying with my own 'thing' but I think it deserves its own thread.

I have been going through this thing lately where I can fall asleep fine but I cannot sleep more than six hours. I used to sleep for at least eight hours on the weekdays and weekends I could easily let myself hit 10 if I have nothing to do. Since I have gotten below 20% body fat I have not been able to stay asleep at all no matter what time I go to bed. The six hours I get are pretty solid and I am not tired when I wake up but towards the end of the week I notice myself dragging *kitten* more and more. Especially towards the end of the day.

I used to run in the afternoons but lately I have been waking up so early that I just go ahead and go for a run before work. I guess that is a plus, but I am curious if others have had this happen to them or if I should be on the watch for any other behavior changes.

Replies

• Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have that problem, too. It makes me mad when I wake up at 3:30 a.m. and can't get back to sleep. I think it's related to menopause....but that doesn't help you, does it? ;)
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have that problem, too. It makes me mad when I wake up at 3:30 a.m. and can't get back to sleep. I think it's related to menopause....but that doesn't help you, does it? ;)

lol, no, not really.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near the level of body fat that you've achieved (congrats!) but I do find that as I lose weight and get more fit I don't need near as much sleep. I used to need 9-10 hrs, and now it's more like 7-8 hrs.

Do watch for any other behavioral or psychological issues. I've been through a major depression and going to sleep was no problem but I would wake up at about 4 and not be able to get back to sleep. Now I'm getting older (56) so it does happen every once in a while, but it's something I watch for and if it starts happening a few nights in a row I start wondering what's going on in life or in my head,