Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting Motivated

Hello. I started my weight loss journey in Sept 2015 and hit my goal in June 2016 of 55lbs lost. I kept it off until the past few months and I've gained back 35lbs. I don't know why it's so hard to get motivated again. It's very depressing to see pics of myself when I was at my goal weight and to know I let myself gain some back. I was super dedicated last time and I know it can be done again so today I have decided to give it a go again so wish me luck!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I think it's hard to be motivated to lose again because you were so super dedicated last time, and still regained. Happens to most of us.

This time, make sustainable changes. Eat food you like, just stick to your calorie target. Exercise if you want to - it's not necessary for weightloss, but good for you, of course.

If you use MFP correctly, you don't need luck or motivation, just realistic goals and patience.