We can make up our own group
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    There are, although not very active.
  • heartsaver81
    heartsaver81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah not many groups for us. But that's okay. We don't need a group to know how amazing we are.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There are a lot of forums on cancer organization websites that may be a better source of info and support than trying to form a group here on MFP.

I am a member of the prostate cancer forum on the American Cancer Society's (ACS) website. Joined when I was 1st diagnosed in Jan 2010 and am still a participant after being deemed "cured" 5 years later.

There is a separate subforum on ACS's website for every major type of cancer.

See: https://csn.cancer.org/forum

There are also many other organizations that offer and maintain similar forums. They can be easily found by doing a simple Google search.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @annk18 I moved this to motivation and support so you will get more responses
  • annk18
    annk18 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks, we'll see if we get any responses. It's hard when you're recovering from serious illness and keep eating too much.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yeah not many groups for us. But that's okay. We don't need a group to know how amazing we are.

Truth :D
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    annk18 wrote: »
    Thanks, we'll see if we get any responses. It's hard when you're recovering from serious illness and keep eating too much.

I'm a year post breast cancer treatment. I put on alot of weight during and following treatment...a combination of steroids, inactivity/fatigue. I'm finally feeling well again and have actual energy...! It was the worst time of my life but every day that passes, I'm moving further and further away from it. Thinking of you all, anyone feel free to add me :)