Sick after lifting

Got through some of my new routine today and immediately felt really poorly. On the Smith Machine, 20 kg, squats and lunges then step Bulgarian Split Squats and band/weighted step sit squats before calling it a day.

Headache and nausea, impending menstruation and a lack of strength in my lower body completely battered me. Went to the bathroom to have a bit of a cry for being beaten, feeling ill and hormone reaction. Perimenopause is upon me and I think it's a contributing factor.

I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow to do some upper body and just put today down to a blip.

Replies

• ceg82
    ceg82 Posts: 8 Member
    Sorry to hear you had a rough workout, though it sounds to me like you still got a fair amount done. I'm not yet at peri menopause but I do notice that I often have a day or two where I feel weak around my period. Stupid hormones :-p
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Thank you, yes I suppose I did do some decent workout when you say it out loud! Jelly legs down the gym stairs afterwards...

Maybe I'll stick to lighter weights or stay off the weighted squats/lunges and use bodyweight in the run up to periods.

Hormonectomy please!
  • gpokerlund
    gpokerlund Posts: 16 Member
    Im 50 and have been where you are. Do yourself a favor and get those hormone levels checked! I waited two years and now life is good again now that im on BHRT's! Women need hormones especially active women! You will feel so much stronger and alive with hormonal balance