UA Calorie Adjustment?

Options
sgt1372
sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
edited November 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I went on a long 4 hr/9 mile hike yesterday which involved climbing up to the top of two 1k ft peaks w/o carrying a pack.

Decided to use Map My Hike (MMH) for the 1st time, which was linked to MFP. Liked the info provided by MMH but it rated the hike at 2355 cals and when it synched w/MFP it posted the 2355 cals plus an additional 1880 cals which was labeled "Under Armor Calorie Adjustment" for the 20k steps taken during the hike, which was double counting, for a total of 4235 cals for the hike, which was obviously too high.

The inital adjustment was actually 2100 cals but declined by the end of the day because the program apparently readjusts the adjustment based on other activity (or lack of it) during the rest of the day, if you activate the neg adjustment feature, which I did later.

A hiking calculator that I trust (which takes into account BW, pack weight, time, distance and slope angles) rated the hike at only 1600. My pedometer (which only takes into account time & distance) rated it at 800. In order to be conservative in logging cals, I always average these estimates for any hikes that I take, which was only 1200 cals in this case.

I was able to delete the 2355 hiking cal entry but could not figure out how to get rid of the calorie adjustment. It remains there regardless of what I try to do. I read some older threads about this problem but there apparently is no way to delete it once you've used another app to synch w/MFP.

You can unlink the apps, which I have done, so that the calorie adjustment does not happen again and you can activate the negative cal adjustment feature, which I also did, which is why the initial cal adjustment dropped from 2100 to 1880, but once posted by MFP, the cal adjustment entry apparently cannot be removed.

Am I missing something?

If anyone knows how to permanently remove the cal adjustment entry, please let me know how it's done.

Thanks!