how many times do you jog?

Options
Hi all,

I just wondered how much jogging I should be doing to see weight loss. I currently run for 45 mins 3-4 times per week including 20 mins up hill running which works out about 7km. Combining this with a kettle class, weight class and the occasional 30 mins on the cross trainer.

Am I doing enough or shall I increase my distance or amount of times I jog?

Replies

• Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great workout plan, how long have you been doing it? If you aren't seeing results fast enough you could adjust your diet.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen and at the table. You have to eat at a deficit. Exercise is just a way to achieve that deficit.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen and at the table. You have to eat at a deficit. Exercise is just a way to achieve that deficit.

^^^ This

Exercise is for fitness and health, the bonus is that it can help you achieve you caloric deficit while still eating a reasonable amount of food.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options

This. To answer OP's question I was running around 20 miles a week split between three days. T and Th I would run 5 miles and Sunday I would do 9 miles. When I lost most of my weight I was running much less, maybe 10 miles a week (same days).
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't jog, I run
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I don't jog, I run

this!

Bottom line, you must watch your eating - if you use running as a license to eat, then you can gain even at high mileage. I know, I've put on weight while running 50-60 miles per week.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I just wondered how much jogging I should be doing to see weight loss. I currently run for 45 mins 3-4 times per week including 20 mins up hill running which works out about 7km. Combining this with a kettle class, weight class and the occasional 30 mins on the cross trainer.

Am I doing enough or shall I increase my distance or amount of times I jog?

Providing you are eating at a deficit the weight loss will be there.
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't jog, I run

this!

Bottom line, you must watch your eating - if you use running as a license to eat, then you can gain even at high mileage. I know, I've put on weight while running 50-60 miles per week.

I don't jog, I don't run. I just eat less than maintenance as well as hit weights hard 4x a week.

Koing
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    I used to jog all the time until I started feeling pain in my joints. I reduced it to running maybe once a week and now enjoy low impact cardio like the elliptical.