Not seeing any changes!!!!!

Options
I feel like any way I try to lose weight, it's not working, I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing tbh. I'm trying to lose fat but working at it for 2 months, I'm not seeing any changes. I just want to at least lose a little bit of weight so that I know I can actually lose weight. Any advice on losing body fat.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have to eat in a consistent calorie deficit. Set up MFP with your stats and the goal to lose 1 pound per week. You get a calorie target to hit. Use your food diary, log the food you eat, after you've weighed it and found correct database entries for it. And hit the calorie target */-50 every day, this means no cheating, guessing, estimating or forgetting. Do this all the time, and in a couple of months, you should be able to at least see a difference on the scales. Yes, losing weight at that rate means losing body fat.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What does "trying" involve? (I mean, what have you been doing in your weight loss attempt this time?)
  • jamilaprem
    jamilaprem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What does "trying" involve? (I mean, what have you been doing in your weight loss attempt this time?)

Been going gym 5 days a week for an hour, 25mins cardio, 35mins strength training whereas I never worked out before. I haven't been to the gym for a week due to uni deadlines and I've been stress eating crisps and cookies.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jamilaprem wrote: »

Been going gym 5 days a week for an hour, 25mins cardio, 35mins strength training whereas I never worked out before. I haven't been to the gym for a week due to uni deadlines and I've been stress eating crisps and cookies.

Are you logging your food? Weight loss is created by a calorie deficit. Exercise can be part of creating that deficit, but it won't do anything for weight loss otherwise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat less
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jamilaprem wrote: »
    I feel like any way I try to lose weight, it's not working, I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing tbh.

In 2 months how much have you lost? Have you lost inches? Stick to your calorie deficit consistently every day. If you are not using a food scale, get one its a game changer to your weight loss efforts.

The cardio and strength training is working, you will start to see results from that as you lose body fat from the calorie deficit. You need consistency with this as well. If after you reach your target fat loss goals and you want to work on body composition changes there are ways to do that as well. I might suggest you follow a structured strength training program if you are not following one for best results. Give it time, patience and trusting the process.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1