Starting a new weight loss journey

Options
Hey, I have decided to start a new weight loss journey and I’m looking to lose around 100 pounds total. Tomorrow is the start of my lifestyle change. I would like to meet people with similar goals to help stay accountable and motivated.

Replies

• darhat59
    darhat59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think you’ve come to the right place. This fitness pal has helped me stay focused on my goal. I started using fp the end of July, combined with some exercise. I am down a #30. I have about 65 more to go.... it is a matter of prioritizing what is more important...fattening foods or a healthy energized body. I call this quest “ my mojo” if I lose it you’ll find me at the corner donut shop, which will not happen, lol. Best of luck on your journey, you can do it :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    darhat59 wrote: »
    I think you’ve come to the right place. This fitness pal has helped me stay focused on my goal. I started using fp the end of July, combined with some exercise. I am down a #30. I have about 65 more to go.... it is a matter of prioritizing what is more important...fattening foods or a healthy energized body. I call this quest “ my mojo” if I lose it you’ll find me at the corner donut shop, which will not happen, lol. Best of luck on your journey, you can do it :)

thing is any food can become "fattening" if you eat more than you burn. yes even too many fruits and veggies can lead to weight loss. Im not saying eat all the "fattening" foods you want. just saying weight loss is about calories in vs calories out. what you eat can matter for health though.
  • pattybrittingham
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this app. I have about 30 pounds to lose. Been eating the wrong foods for a long time. Eating out and snacks. Today I prepped healthy meals for the week. This will save time when I come home from work. Feeling motivated!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this app. I have about 30 pounds to lose. Been eating the wrong foods for a long time. Eating out and snacks. Today I prepped healthy meals for the week. This will save time when I come home from work. Feeling motivated!

Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me :)

For a Newbie check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options

I do both of these pretty much every day. I've lost 35 lbs. You haven't been eating the wrong food. You've been eating too much food.