Options
2»

Replies

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    cs2thecox wrote: »
    I'm 5'5.5" and about 60kg.
    I've been everything from 48.5kg (bad) to about 65kg (squishy) and my current 60kg takes time, effort and heavy lifting to maintain.
    I'm a size 4-6 (US) which on my frame looks bang on perfect.
    (I've posted some pictures of me in other threads which you can probably get to via my profile or something? Am on the work computer at the moment though...)

As @livingleanlivingclean says - why do you think you're underweight and why do you feel like you need to be heavier?

Thank you all for your contributions I might just gain 6kg to reach 65 then see how I look. My aim is not to
    be 'fat' or unhealthy. Its just that I've been 48kg before and when I look back at pictures I am uncomfortable so I want to settle for a weight that wont make me easily regress.

Also I'm size 6-8 in the Uk for top and bottoms. I want to reach maybe a 10. When I dont eat that well for maybe 2 weeks my weight decreases so fast without me realizing, when I step on the scale I see from a 60 to 57 which worries me.

I know the feeling of the 48kg photos - mine horrify me too.
    I also have a vivid memory of one of my male friends telling me at that weight, when I was wearing a low V-neck top, that I had just got way too thin. Mine was sport linked, and for years I equated it with success. It's a tough one to break.

I've just made it DOWN to a size 8 UK bottom (apart from one bonkers brands of US jeans which put me at a 2... yeah, no), but I'm mostly still a size 10 top because I have broad shoulders, muscly arms and boobs.

I would recommend starting weight training though. Totally changed my body image. And the weight on the bar became way more important than the weight on the scales... @psuLemon 's link is the best out there.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've been everything from 48.5kg (bad) to about 65kg (squishy) and my current 60kg takes time, effort and heavy lifting to maintain.
    (I've posted some pictures of me in other threads which you can probably get to via my profile or something? Am on the work computer at the moment though...)

As @livingleanlivingclean says - why do you think you're underweight and why do you feel like you need to be heavier?

Thank you all for your contributions I might just gain 6kg to reach 65 then see how I look. My aim is not to
    be 'fat' or unhealthy. Its just that I've been 48kg before and when I look back at pictures I am uncomfortable so I want to settle for a weight that wont make me easily regress.

Also I'm size 6-8 in the Uk for top and bottoms. I want to reach maybe a 10. When I dont eat that well for maybe 2 weeks my weight decreases so fast without me realizing, when I step on the scale I see from a 60 to 57 which worries me.

there is a massive difference between 48kg and 60 though. are you saying you look sickly thin now?

maybe you need to focus on what makes you 'not eat well' and why you eat so little at times that you lose a lot of weight?
  • PrincessSoraya27
    PrincessSoraya27 Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

there is a massive difference between 48kg and 60 though. are you saying you look sickly thin now?

maybe you need to focus on what makes you 'not eat well' and why you eat so little at times that you lose a lot of weight?

I wouldn't say that I look sickly thin, but not as well as I think I can look. There's certainly room for improvement in my opinion. I want to be able to feel like I have enough meat on my arms and legs that jiggles slightly because at the moment, I feel like belly is what I have.
  • PrincessSoraya27
    PrincessSoraya27 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    But thank you for the response!