Feels harder this time

Options
Hi All,

I have lost weight in the past by doing insanity but this time it feels harder to get going. Maybe because my mind is not in a good place right now because of my mums cancer diagnosis and treatment over the last year. I gained so much weight neglecting myself. Now I am ready but feel overwhelmed as i have around 50lbs to lose. Im so frustrated as I know I can do better. Any words of support would be welcome!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    How is your mum doing?

Exercise is great for health, so keep that up! (I also find it can be a good outlet for relieving stress)

You don't mention your eating though - are you in a calorie deficit? Are you logging your food accurately, using a scale for solids and measuring all liquids?
  • Tezzzz2018
    Tezzzz2018 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My mum is in remission and resting well at home. I quit my job to become her carer and the disruption, stress and generally neglecting myself has made me gain weight. I have just joined today. I will start my insanity workout again because I really enjoyed working out and eat at around 1500 calories a day. Last time i lost weight I was using scales and logging food-maybe because i had less to lose I just felt like my head was in better place.
  • Tezzzz2018
    Options
    Maybe Im just being too tough on myself and the inner strength will come with time once i get into a routine for myself. 50lbs seems very daunting but i definitely feel like this is a mental battle this time around
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your mum is in remission. When a loved one has cancer it is so terrifying and it takes all your strength to be strong for them I understand how hard that is.

Be kind to yourself. Set some small goals and go from there. One pound at a time sweetie. Just focus on that. It will make it a bit less daunting.

Hugs xx
  • Tezzzz2018
    Options
    Glad to hear your mum is in remission. When a loved one has cancer it is so terrifying and it takes all your strength to be strong for them I understand how hard that is.

Be kind to yourself. Set some small goals and go from there. One pound at a time sweetie. Just focus on that. It will make it a bit less daunting.

Hugs xx

Thank you for your kind words. x