New to MFP

Hello! Just joined, curious, nervous, and clueless as where to even begin.
I'll be 24 in a couple months, 4'11", 147lbs, and haven't always been over weight. I'm so tired of this extra weight and going back and forth on a plan. :s:s

Replies

• jwall956
    jwall956 Posts: 35 Member
    Hey, wanna be friends? I've been on mfp for a while and find it helps. I'm 36 and need to lose a lot of weight myself.
  • mulderitsme00
    mulderitsme00 Posts: 3 Member
    jwall956 wrote: »
    Hey, wanna be friends? I've been on mfp for a while and find it helps. I'm 36 and need to lose a lot of weight myself.

Yesss, absolutely! Idk how to add friends. Haha
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Take a deep breath, it's not nearly so bad as it seems. :)

Start with a small change. Like, "I'm going to just log EVERYTHING for a week." Don't even worry about the calories unless you feel like you're ready - just log, and see what you're doing right now and find places you can stand to make some changes. For me, I started by cutting out any drink with calories. Later on I added some back in - namely, sweet coffee - but you'd be amazed how many calories we consume just in DRINKS each day.

Once you've been logging and found small ways to change, I recommend a fitbit. Fitbit allows you to earn more calories just by walking around, and makes earning more food super easy without the "ugh" of trying to, say, learn to run. (Unless you're into that sort of thing, in which case, awesome!)

Just remember - you will gain before you lose. Don't freak out. It generally takes two weeks of eating at a deficit before you see any real loss, and then you won't always see a loss every week. Just keep going - it always comes eventually.

Feel free to add me. :)