Does it really matter?

Hi!
I want to lose 20 lbs and I know it’s: Calorie Deficit + High Protein + Weight training.

However, in a week, should a majority of my workouts be only strength training?

Example: I’m looking at 2 different programs.
One has strength training 3X/Week and 3X HIIT.
The other one has Strength Training 5X/Week and 1 HIIT.

Should I have a greater ratio of weights than HIIT? Or does it not matter?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    If your goal is just to lose weight, it doesn't matter, it's all about your calorie deficit. The one with more cardio will burn more calories.

Do whichever you'll stick to if you have no fitness goals.
  • alexxazt
    alexxazt Posts: 23 Member
    edited November 2017
    I’d love to get into bikini fitness modeling some day, so ultimately, I’d like to lose all the weight (and maintain any lean muscle I have if possible) and then do specifically tailored weight training for muscles.

So with weight loss, I’d like to get lean, and not just a smaller flab version, of that makes sense;)
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    I am no expert, but I'd be surprised if the balanced weight and cardio approach wasn't most suited to a swimsuit bod.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    alexxazt wrote: »
    I’d love to get into bikini fitness modeling some day, so ultimately, I’d like to lose all the weight (and maintain any lean muscle I have if possible) and then do specifically tailored weight training for muscles.

So with weight loss, I’d like to get lean, and not just a smaller flab version, of that makes sense;)

id pick a programme from here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1