how many times a week do u weigh in,& any1 do selfie progress?

Well THANKSGIVING over feeling depressed.scale says up 2?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Chances are its water weight. Drink more water. Keep carbs lower. It will be gone within a few days. As far as weigh ins I weigh myself daily and use a trend app (Libra). Taking the random scale weight does not show your true changes. Taking a weight each day (since chances are it will change daily depending on what the day before was like, TOM, DOMS, BMs) puts things in perspective when its averaged out.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    cathipa wrote: »
    Chances are its water weight. Drink more water. Keep carbs lower. It will be gone within a few days. As far as weigh ins I weigh myself daily and use a trend app (Libra). Taking the random scale weight does not show your true changes. Taking a weight each day (since chances are it will change daily depending on what the day before was like, TOM, DOMS, BMs) puts things in perspective when its averaged out.

Same here !!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I weigh in once a week (sat am), measure once a month (end of month), and do photo progress quarterly.

I have had a cold for 2 weeks now, and between the virus plus the medicines to make me feel half way human, I am up about 4-5 lbs in water weight...my rings are super tight and I feel totally bloated and gross...but it's just water, it will go away once I'm healthy again.

Don't fret the 2 lbs.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    I weigh daily typically to track trends, but I'm thinking that this time around I'll be going back to weighing weekly like I did when I first started. Weighing daily can be a little disheartening and makes it feel like it's been SO much longer since I last lost anything.
    And yeah, a lot of that is probably poop. (Sorry, TMI I know.) Lots of water, a good sweat session, and some coffee - you'll likely lose it all again.
  • mgtz69
    mgtz69 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm obsessed. Every day. But, I focus as much on the exact number as I do a range. I give myself 2-3 pounds of fluctuation. I'm in maintenance mode so it helps when I might have a couple holiday meals or its just a water/bloat gain.

When I was losing weight, I got on the scale 3-4 times per week. But, I really focused on the week to week number on Monday's. I hit 3 plateaus over 8 months but just kept going and tried to switch up my eating and exercise routine to break through. It took 2-3 weeks typically to break out. Breaking out of the plateau I found I dropped 4-5 pounds at once where my week to week was about a pound to a pound and a half.

Honestly, use your clothes and the mirror. Even when I hit a plateau, I saw my body changing when the scale didn't. Yes, I'm a scale addict, but it isn't the only thing that matters. I'm 108 now (I'm 4'11") and fit into the same clothes just as well or better from 15 years ago when I had been 101. I'm not in the business of hitting 101 again. I'm in the business of staying healthy and looking good. 108 - 111 is where I look best - hubby thinks so too!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I'm sure OP you've seen that so called 2lb weight gain disappear already.
    Just like tomorrow the 2lb I mysteriously gained the day after eating a chinese takeaway will also be gone :smile:

Weight fluctuates. The end :smiley:
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    My weight can fluctuate 5lbs depending on how hydrated I am during the day. So I would not worry about the small things. Just keep with your calorie goals and you will be fine over the long term. this is not about 1 week or even 2 weeks. this is about the long term changes and sticking to them. nothing wrong with enjoying the holidays and taking a day off. Just get back to it the next day.
  • MISSNYA92
    MISSNYA92 Posts: 36 Member
    I like to take pictures every day! When I finally reach my goal weight, I’m going to animate them, so I can literally watch the fat melt off! 112 days of awesome!