Why has my weight loss stopped?

Options
So far I’ve lost 12 pounds since August, but I can’t seem to lose anymore. I’d really appreciate any advice you guys have

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    So far I’ve lost 12 pounds since August, but I can’t seem to lose anymore. I’d really appreciate any advice you guys have
    How long has your weight loss stalled? The answer to this question is extremely important in determining if you are retaining water or eating too much/not burning enough.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long as it been since you've lost weight? What were you averaging per week before that?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    If you are finding it hard then you are doing it right! Sneaky calories can easily sneak into your food. Double your efforts to find them. Measure and weigh.

Presuming you have extra weight to lose, you can't fail if you maintain a consistent calorie deficit. You do need to have your goals set correctly and a bit of exercise can help.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    juc2ahlkml8w.jpg
  • cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    How long has your weight loss stalled? The answer to this question is extremely important in determining if you are retaining water or eating too much/not burning enough.

It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve lost any weight.
    I was losing at least a pound a week then it slowed to maybe half a pound or so, then stopped dead.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    In addition to the suggestions above, the closer you get to your ideal weight, the slower the process. I started out at 257lb and once I got down to 185, things started to sloooww waaay down. The less you have to lose, the more scrupulous you need to be about weighing and logging accurately.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your intake goals? As you lose weight you will require fewer calories. You have lost 12 pounds. Put your new weight into the settings and see if the allotted calories go down. If you are adjusting calories down as you lose then there is much good advice above to reflect upon. Hang in there. A two week stall is no real big deal in the grand scheme. Good luck.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself? Is it near your TOM? Do you weigh food? And has anything change (e.g., exercise).

Two weeks may not be enough time to measure.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is too soon to say if your weight has really stalled...when I was in my losing phase I could stay around same weight for 3 weeks and then drop a few pounds.