Search for appropriate food

Options
Just started using today and I'm extremely short on fat intake. Is there a setting to recommend foods to meet goals?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Butter, olive oil, avocados, nuts are sources of fat.
    How many grams of fat did you eat and how many are recommended for you?
    How are you determining how much fat you ate?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Just started using today and I'm extremely short on fat intake. Is there a setting to recommend foods to meet goals?

No, there really isn't a setting for that. On premium, I believe it will show you which foods you have eaten that are highest in particular nutrients, but that wouldn't be much help in discovering new foods to meet your goals. Plus, I've seen a couple of threads recently from people complaining that there didn't seem to be any way to unsubscribe to premium if you decide you don't want it, so I'm not comfortable suggesting you try it.

Don't be afraid to put butter or olive oil on your cooked or raw vegetables and grains. If you consume dairy and you aren't getting enough fat, you could switch to full-fat dairy products if you're currently eating low-fat or non-fat.
  • crystal_hartmann
    crystal_hartmann Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I plugged in all my info and set my nutrient ratios for a keto diet. I logged everything I ate or drank today, so it shows how many grams of fat I had and how many grams I lack.