Scared and hopeful: Maybe Keto?

Options
Hi everyone! I am trying to be more active with myfitnesspal. I have always been a big person but my weight got really bad in high school when my thyroid was messing up but we didn't know it. I reached 200lbs in school and in just two years I got up to 250lbs. I went to the dr. for help and she put me on a 1200 calorie diet. I lost weight but it made me very sick--my gallbladder had to be be taken out. Shortly after I started gaining the weight back and with additional medications I ballooned up to 300lbs.

I decided I am going to try the Keto Diet because I already have to live a gluten free lifestyle. I'm easing into it and trying to learn how to do it properly, but I'm terrified of yoyo dieting again and possibly getting to be 400, 500, or even 1000lbs. I'm also afraid of sick that comes with obesity, but i'm also afraid of what happens when you lose weight, like the excess skin. I just hope it works this time.

Replies

• nosugar1978
    nosugar1978 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    check out dr jason fung videos on youtube!! Really helpful info!! feel free to add me!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Check out the low carb groups on here for tips on how to start/adjust to keto. As for loose skin, that's going to be dependent on a number of factors. Losing slower with a smaller calorie deficit will help.
  • Tatummfp
    Tatummfp Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A 1200 calorie diet? That's brutal. A lifestyle change with good eating habits seems to work. My fitness pal is very convenient for logging calories and Harvard health has a lot of good reading material on healthy eating.