Why is my Fitness diary adding calories burned instead of subtracting?

Options
MizPriv
MizPriv Posts: 6 Member
It's just tacking on my workout calories so it looks like I have huge calorie surpluses. I know the truth, but it looks super discouraging.

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Options
    I imagine it looks like this.

Calorie allowance 1800
    Exercise 300
    =new calorie allowance 2100
    -food
    =Remaining calorie allowance

You're supposed to eat those calories(or at least some of them, depending on how accurate your workout calories are estimated)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Because your calorie deficit is calculated based on not exercising. When you burn more calories, you're expected to eat at least a portion of them back. (Technically, you're meant to eat them all back, but a lot of people do 50-75%, because the calorie burn amounts aren't always accurate.)

In other words... you actually DO have a large calorie surplus. And that's the truth.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Options
    Because your calorie deficit is calculated based on not exercising. When you burn more calories, you're expected to eat at least a portion of them back. (Technically, you're meant to eat them all back, but a lot of people do 50-75%, because the calorie burn amounts aren't always accurate.)

In other words... you actually DO have a large calorie surplus. And that's the truth.

Put another way, by not eating back those calories, you have too large of a calorie deficit.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Thats what I love about working out. I start my day with a goal of 1910 and when I go to the gym it allows me to eat a little more then if I had not gone to the gym.

Kind of like animals doing tricks and getting treats. WOOOFF WOOOOF
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    More like putting in overtime and getting a larger paycheck. KA-CHING!!!