Any fans of the urban author Zane?

Options
I recently used an audible credit to download one of her audio books. I have always heard talk of them and wanted something outside of my normal reads. So I used the credit and downloaded the S*x Chronicles. I'm kind of taken back.....Women do you really like these books? Is that really how you all fantasize? The book sounds like it's written more for a male reader but I know she has a large female audience. Just curious!! Have a great day!

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Excerpt:
    "Recently, though, a string of unlikely events has pulled back the curtain on Private Zane in ways that actually are surprising. Last year, when the Maryland state comptroller’s office released its list of top tax scofflaws—an annual spectacle designed to shame delinquents into paying up—the leading individual tax deadbeat was Kristina Laferne Roberts, the woman we know as Zane. She was $340,833.58 in arrears; the state had been after her for back taxes dating to 2003, the same year she held 7 out of 15 titles on Waldenbooks’ African-American bestseller list. According to a subsequent Washington Post story, she also owed more than $540,000 to the IRS."

https://www.washingtonian.com/2015/06/21/how-zane-the-queen-of-erotica-became-marylands-top-tax-deadbeat/